Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Almost Perfect Kings Island Day

Featured Replies

Well, Mrs. Thrill Biscuit had to work, so she dropped me off at Great Wolf for breakfast (she'd join me later at the park). I walked along the orange cones, over to the park, past the awesome Knievel speed ramp, with its four American flags waving in the perfect blue Kings Island sky. I looked over and saw the 24 clean, red trucks, so neatly parked with the jump ramp. Except for some security folks, there was no one else around. Everything was so quiet. It was like walking through my brother's Evel Knievel toys from when we were kids. I can't explain the emotion, so I'll be cool and keep typing... I knew this would be a memorable day.

I have to say, I loved the return to 1975 in front of the theatre. I noted in another post that the actors playing the tourists uncannily resembled older versions of my family from that era, right down to the yellow trousers (my mom's hair was more of a passe beehive at that time, though, but still very weird!) Although they did the Hustle with the Hanna Barbara characters every 15 minutes or so, it never got old! We loved it! [it was neat to see the 70's uniforms, and those giant rose things, too!]

Still don't like the new music they play on International Street. It does not go with the visual grandeur of the Royal Fountains and Eiffel Tower. It doesn't fit. I also noticed that the Grand Carousel is quieter than ever, and I don't recall ever hearing the train whistle all day. Maybe these things will return in time.

The Knievel jump was grand and awe-inspiring. At one point, I noticed that, when the parking lot crowd got quiet, the Eiffel Tower (both decks packed with spectators) started eminating with chants of "Robbie! Robbie!"). The skydivers, giant American Flag, pyrotechnics, everything (except the bad microphone) was great. The jump was just magnificent to witness. (Later when I went home and saw how the jump was being reported around the world, I let out a warm, fuzzy "I was there!"). Very cool. Can't say much more than that.

Went back in with what seemed like 30000+ other guests (who were all very courteous!) and enjoyed the rest of the day with Mrs. Thrill Biscuit & friends.

PS: We started a kind of 'Vanna White' time lapse with the "Cement Pond" (using my cheap Kroger camera). Can't wait to see what this spectacular new thing is going to be... ^_^

Best,

Thrill Biscuit

Thrill Biscuit – I enjoyed your report and analogy of walking through a more youthful time play set of Evel Knievel back in the days.

Also I had heard that Kings Island got out old photographs to help them capture the 1975 time era, maybe your relatives where in the pictures they used, and if so I was impressed with their energy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.