Possibility for Next KI Event

Guest TombraiderTy

Guest TombraiderTy
If someone died from takeing the stairs who knows what will happen from climbing the thing and I think that show is very entertaining!

He didn't die from taking the stairs, he died from falling after entering a restricted area.

Tower Johnny was not the only person who attempted to climb the tower by unauthorized access. He may have been the only one for it ended badly in a physical way, but there have been others...and for many of them it ended badly in a legal way. Climbing rides and towers is something the park really, truly does not want to encourage. They have enough problem as it is with people trying to enter the Royal Fountain. It is only in recent years the park had to erect a light curtain around it. They don't need to encourage others to climb things that are there every day. As I pointed out earlier, there is no tightrope to walk at Kings Island, nor Coke Zero trucks to jump over, other than on the day of the show.

I do wonder how much it would encourage guests though... in no way am I saying it wouldn't have an effect, but would it seriously be that much? Or would seeing someone climb it trigger a switch in many park visitors' brains and make them want to climb too?

You make a good point Terpy. But I was thinking, that tower is way too dangerous. I think it need a few fences and a sign every three inches saying "Extreme Danger." That should allow us to have this kind of entertainment, without other people attempting it. Because as we all know, no one crosses a fence which says Extreme Danger. No one.

The tower has very poor security measures around it. If a person wanted to, he would hop (and literally hop, no need to climb) the surrounding fence and began. And the bottom corners are even shaped like ladders:

l_f3770312e96170c133d51e58ed753b4d.jpg

Hold On!

Let's not lose our heads about going over fences!

That is very sick and twisted.

It's a bad idea. The people who would try to immitate the stunt would, like John, probably be drunk. It would start innocently with one member of the group asking if anyone saw the guy climb the tower. Someone else would say that it was easy to do, one of his friends would dare him to try it himself, and a few minutes later... SPLAT!!!

Guest TombraiderTy

^The park wouldn't have to worry about that if they put better protection at the base of the tower. Maybe a small plexi-glass cover so as not to disturb the look too much?

But as you mentioned drunks, anybody else think that the park needs to enforce the no alcohol in line rule better?

• 1 month later...
Guest TombraiderTy

^Never considered that :lol:

I do understand a lot of the logic here on why the Eiffel Tower isn't the best idea, but Drop Tower is still open :D

Now a second idea for an event...

David "The Bullet" Smith is the current world-record holder for the longest human-cannon-ball flight- 185 ft 10 in. While across the length of the Royal Fountains is far too long to beat (320 feet), there are many other locations within the park that have a long enough length and perhaps a few "obstacles" in the way- Action Zone near the water-tower, from X-Base over The Racer and into Coney Mall, in the grassy area in front of Backlot Stunt Coaster, ect. The event would be a first for Kings Island but match with the former stunts that have been performed.

007.jpg

Comments? Complaints? Preferabally comments?