Who remembers Americana?

When I was very little, my mom and dad would take me to Americana. I can't recall where it used to be as I know the park is now closed. I would like to hear your stories, see some photos, etc about your time there. It was the first amusement park I ever visited, and sadly the only recollection I have is a vague memory of being on some sort of sky ride with my dad. Several years ago, I saw a frosted shot glass with little carousel horses that they had bought from Americana, and they gave it to me.

That vague memory of a sky ride (or Ferris wheel, I am really not sure) and this nostalgic little shot glass are all I have to remember Americana by.

Also, can anyone tell me why it closed down?

Not what I meant! I don't like when people post the links and act ugly about it and make you feel stupid for asking what is, for you, a genuine question. I would not have thought to search for it first.

I just remembered there were some folk who had went to the place and took lots of pictures and had stories and things to share with everyone and I wanted to pass them along. :)

Not what I meant! I don't like when people post the links and act ugly about it and make you feel stupid for asking what is, for you, a genuine question. I would not have thought to search for it first.

I just remembered there were some folk who had went to the place and took lots of pictures and had stories and things to share with everyone and I wanted to pass them along. :)

Oh ok.. in that case, thank you! :)

I'm a member of two other coaster forums too and I'm aware of the search rule, but I'm about as absent minded as they get, so my first thought was "I should have searched for that topic first, duh *slaps self on forehead*" :lol: