Am I the Only One?

Austin

Monroe... You're totally on the right track...

My chemotherapy, aside from ravaging my body, dramatically effects my blood counts ... (shocker right?)

In any event, I too used to be prone to the brown out on IJ's helix, however, one of the millions of pills I take to combat the negative effects of the chemo, is ferrous sulfate (iron) and this helps boost my hemoglobin (which carries oxygen through your blood).

I have found that with the added iron and increased hbg levels, my dizziness / brown out have dramatically decreased almost to the point of never happening... (to put things in perspective, I would almost pass out going from a sitting to standing position)

Just some food for thought... Iron supplements are easy enough to come by...

Wow I had more of a lean steak and green veggies in mind, but your way works too. The only problem with ferrous sulfate is that it is also a blood thinner because of the very high concentration of iron, but some one with a condition such as yours needs that. Most over the counter iron supplements do not have the blood thinner in them, neither the high concentration of iron. Reading this, I take it that you are in remission? And what type of war were you battling? I do not want to pry, so if you do not answer I will assume that you are well and leave it at that except for the thoughts I will have on Sundays for you.

(Monroe, who thinks of his aunt often. Breast cancer victim in 1994)

Am I the only one that almost completely blacks out during those helixes on Back Lot Stunt Coaster (I call all the rides by their original names. - Italian Job)? They last for a while, and I can't swallow, then I start to see black. Has this ever happened to you?

that happens to me

So I went yesterday and I rode Vortex twice in the 2nd to last seat (Can't fit in the back of the cars, legs are too long:P ). The second time, during the second to last loop, I saw a lot of black and next thing I knew the sudden stopping at the end of the ride woke me up.... wtf? And later I rode Face Off, walked on to the very front, and I remembered the leg stiffening trick and tried it. I couldn't squeeze my butt cheeks because of the way the seats are, but I only saw a little bit of black on the boomerang... and this was all at night when I hadn't eaten anything. The last thing was Chipotle at 11:30. Maybe that was the problem?

I tried the astronaut trick of tightening your lower stomach and butt muscles on Backlot yesterday, and it worked! My first ride on it without coaster blackout. I'll try it on Millie next time I ride it.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.