Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom 6/20/09

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

If you see my post's you would know that I'm a huge supporter of this park, and really want it to succeed. I went 32 times last year and on my last couple of visits I thought that SF was done with this park and that it would never become a great park again. But today all of that has changed. I want to applaud Six Flags on really improving this park from last year. I mean it has become a really good park that is well worth a visit. I now know SF has not given up and is doing anything in it's power to keep this park open.

We arrived at opening time and found that once they opened the gates you could ride, no more ropes! I noticed that the photo stand in the entrance got a fresh coat of paint along with new flats screen monitors. The park was packed. The most crowded I have every seen it. Mostly due to the concert which featured Toby Mack a very popular christian rock singer in the Summer Concert Series. The lines moved fast, especially on Chang which is known as a loading nightmare. Thunder run was a hour and a half wait but was really worth it. The waterslides were moving and didn't disappoint. I noticed a new store in Splash Water Kingdom as well. The park is now 100% green.With florescent lights and recycling bins everywhere. The employees where awesome! They greeted you coming in and out of the park. The ride-ops really got in to everything! I only had one complaint. The number of advertisements. They were everywhere! But I know it is needed considering the economic nightmare SF is in. But thank you SF for not letting this park die! Really was a awesome trip!

Pics tomorrow!

Havent been to kentucky kingdom in years wasnt impressed last time i was there may give it another try though. ai always thought that chang had great potential just moved to slow for my tastes. gonna have to and check it out