June 27th short trip

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

Really not much of a report. I went on Saturday evening around 4:45 PM. I mainly wanted to get a night ride on DB since I haven't gotten one yet. Our friend Scott came with us and he wanted to see some shows, so that's why we got there way before sundown. So it was me, Laura (wife-to-be) and Scott.

The parking lot looked crazy packed when we pulled up. We got in and the Endless Summer on Ice show was going to be starting in 45 minutes. So we wandered over to Flight Deck. It was a total walk-on. It was really hot, so I guess everyone was at the waterpark. We rode and nobody was waiting for our seats so we stayed on and got another ride. Station was still empty when we returned, but people were waiting for our car, so we got out. Good ride. I hadn't been back there yet this year and I have to agree, it needs some paint. I saw some scaffoldings sitting in the final break area so maybe they're planning on some painting?

Then we watched Endless Summer. Pretty good show. I like the guys who were dressed like car wash brushes and would spin.

We then went to the Festhaus to watch the Down Home Country show. I think I would have preferred they sing a few full songs. The constant medleys seemed a little much, but I'm just happy they have a show in the Festhaus so no complaints.

Then we rode Adventure Express. Once again, total walk-on. Fun ride, seemed to be running nice and fast and jerky; the way it should be.

After that we wandered around and rode Dodgem and then the Carousel.

Then we went up into the Eiffel Tower. It's been 2 years since I've been up there. I remember previously I complained about the view and how the tops of the buildings around I-Street were in a big need of repair. Also, the fountains looked nasty then. I'm happy to report that they've re-done a lot of the roofs and the park looked marvelous from up there. The only 2 buildings that looked like they still needed fixed on top were the roof to the I-Street Restaurant and another building over near Nick-U. I know it's not a big issue, but if you're allowing people a high-view of the park, you should make sure the park looks good up there.

After that it was only around 7:30. We got some ice cream (Smurf cones) and ate them by DB. The line was almost to the entrance with most switchbacks used. Laura was really hot and tired (we'd worked out earlier in the day) and it was still going to be a while until it was dark so we figured we'd take off and come back on a Sat in July when they were open until midnight for some night rides.

So that's it. Not much, but was fun for what it was.