Kings Island 5-5-12

ohiocolts

Ok so, my friend invited me to go to Kings Island today. I tried to talk him into going on Sunday instead, but he said he was busy. So anyway, we got to the park at around 9:30, and headed to Invertigo for ERT. I noticed you now show your gold pass back towards the entrance of Action Zone instead of IS. The new paint on Invertigo was great. I just waited for a cycle to finish and hopped on. I was really excited it was coaster season again! It was a great ride to kick off the season. We then headed to Diamondback for ERT. On the way, I saw a big circle of people, and in the middle looked like someone yelling. It looked like Bert the Conqurer! I thought it was to because I heard travel channel was shooting this weekend. When we got to Diamondback, it wasnt operating yet, and they were letting people in, so the line was spitting out of the entrance, with no switchbacks being used yet. I decided to head over to Eiffel Tower to wait for the park to open and head for the X-base. At about 9:55, there was a lady on the international bandstand singing god bless America, When she was done, I turned around and saw the rope done, and people dashing to the X-base. I did a walk there, to avoid any trouble. We got to the X-base and onto the 2nd ride of the day on Firehawk. We then headed to Flight of Fear, which was a walk on at the time. A great ride still with the nice lighting effects. We then rode again, while walking up to the station, the station was crowded and we

waited a few cycles. We then headed to Vortex, which had about a 10 minute wait. I also noticed how WindSeeker still did not look ready for the season, I hope it gets kicking soon. I headed to The Beast then, to find it was CLOSED! Then I took a look at the Crypt, just standing there. Then we headed to Diamondback, which had most of the main switchbacks filled. It was about a 45 minute ride, and it was great. I rode it in the back row, and held my arms up and put them back on the splashdown, and one of my arms got soaked. I then took a trip up the Eiffel Tower, trying to find something without a long line, but no luck. I decided to head to Racer though. There was just one que part open, but both sides were operating. About half of the switchbacks were filled, so I was expecting about a 25 minute wait. But, the line was moving extremely fast. This was because only 1 part of the que was open, but it was spitting into both sides in the station, and this could be done with the removal of 1/3 of the fence. They likely did this for making Fast Lane easier, and I like how they do it. It was only about a 10 minute wait. Then I decided to try a funnel cake, and I got it with an apple topping. It was really good, and a nice portion, and it cost $7. I then hoped maybe Flight Deck would save me from long lines, but so did everyone else. Yes, there was a line for Flight Deck! Nice support for the ride! There was quite a bit of a line, and it was a 30 minute wait. Then my friend had to go home, so we headed home. I noticed WindSeeker, The Beast, and Drop Tower not operating today. (SOB and the crypt didnt operate either). Thanks for reading!

Ok so, my friend invited me to go to Kings Island today. I tried to talk him into going on Sunday instead, but he said he was busy. So anyway, we got to the park at around 9:30, and headed to Invertigo for ERT. I noticed you now show your gold pass back towards the entrance of Action Zone instead of IS. The new paint on Invertigo was great. I just waited for a cycle to finish and hopped on. I was really excited it was coaster season again! It was a great ride to kick off the season. We then headed to Diamondback for ERT. On the way, I saw a big circle of people, and in the middle looked like someone yelling. It looked like Bert the Conqurer! I thought it was to because I heard travel channel was shooting this weekend. When we got to Diamondback, it wasnt operating yet, and they were letting people in, so the line was spitting out of the entrance, with no switchbacks being used yet. I decided to head over to Eiffel Tower to wait for the park to open and head for the X-base. At about 9:55, there was a lady on the international bandstand singing god bless America, When she was done, I turned around and saw the rope done, and people dashing to the X-base. I did a walk there, to avoid any trouble. We got to the X-base and onto the 2nd ride of the day on Firehawk. We then headed to Flight of Fear, which was a walk on at the time. A great ride still with the nice lighting effects. We then rode again, while walking up to the station, the station was crowded and we

waited a few cycles. We then headed to Vortex, which had about a 10 minute wait. I also noticed how WindSeeker still did not look ready for the season, I hope it gets kicking soon. I headed to The Beast then, to find it was CLOSED! Then I took a look at the Crypt, just standing there. Then we headed to Diamondback, which had most of the main switchbacks filled. It was about a 45 minute ride, and it was great. I rode it in the back row, and held my arms up and put them back on the splashdown, and one of my arms got soaked. I then took a trip up the Eiffel Tower, trying to find something without a long line, but no luck. I decided to head to Racer though. There was just one que part open, but both sides were operating. About half of the switchbacks were filled, so I was expecting about a 25 minute wait. But, the line was moving extremely fast. This was because only 1 part of the que was open, but it was spitting into both sides in the station, and this could be done with the removal of 1/3 of the fence. They likely did this for making Fast Lane easier, and I like how they do it. It was only about a 10 minute wait. Then I decided to try a funnel cake, and I got it with an apple topping. It was really good, and a nice portion, and it cost $7. I then hoped maybe Flight Deck would save me from long lines, but so did everyone else. Yes, there was a line for Flight Deck! Nice support for the ride! There was quite a bit of a line, and it was a 30 minute wait. Then my friend had to go home, so we headed home. I noticed WindSeeker, The Beast, and Drop Tower not operating today. (SOB and the crypt didnt operate either). Thanks for reading!

SOB and The Crypt won't be running anymore. More of the Crypt then anything unless SOB get's fixed.