6/10/13

DBsydFOF

Well we had a fantastic day at Kings Island! Very tired now, though. The whole drive there it stormed, but once we got there it cleared up a bit. We started with a ride on DB, which I am very disappointed to say my only DB ride of the day. The. We hit up Firehawk (longer?) and Flight of Fear. Delirium and Flight Deck (faster than last season?) were very fun also. When it came to Invertigo, probably won't be riding that again anytime soon. That ride just beats you and makes you sick. One person out of my group (who gets particularly queasy and won't ride when that happens) was feeling very bad afterwards so we decided to take it easy after getting La Rosas for lunch. We rode Adventure Express (still boring as ever), Racers (rougher than ever), Viking Fury, BLSC (we seemed to stay at the fire scene for a very long time), Zephyr, and Flying Ace Arial Chase (the ride op talked longer than the ride lasted). After which rides were beginning to close due to the oncoming storm, they wouldn't even let us in line for DB when people were already in line and on the train. So we headed for shelter. After a very short 20-30 minute downpour rides started to reopen. We rode Delirium a few more times until it was time to leave, and about to storm some more. All in all (other than the queasiness and lack of a Vortex or Beast ride), today went well. The rain held off. If it wasn't for the Invertigo, we would have ridden both The Vortex and Beast, and probably ridden everything else more, but that just made a few of us (one particular) sick.

Ps. They should rename the Invertigo to KILLER or DAY RUINER!!

Side note: I saw a little boy who rode across from us on Invertigo and who they measured and barely hit the mark, riding alone. He was very nice and talked to us. He exited the ride in front of us and went to meet his *assumingly* grandparents and sister (who may or may not have been tall enough to ride things and seemed to be disabled) and the boy proceeded to tell them how fun the ride was an how nice the people on front of him were. He also waved and said goodbye to us. I just found him to be very sweet and felt sorry for him that he had to ride alone.

Also I noticed a very young (probably 4ish) little girl crying on Viking Fury. I found this very cute as well as funny.

• Like 3

Thanks for the report.

As for BLSC, your train cannot leave the fire/helicopter scene until the block in front of it is clear. This requires that the train in front must be fully moved up to the unload position from the brake run, which in turn cannot begin until the third train is fully moved into the load position in the station, which in turn cannot happen until your train has cleared the initial double helix and is on its way down the first hill, eliminating the possibility of a rollback. There is not much difference between the time need to go from the first hill to the helicopter scene, and the time needed to roll the other two trains forward one at a time. So if there is a delay of more than a few seconds in moving either of the other trains (such as loading a disabled rider or someone on a VIP tour, or simply a ride op not paying full attention and/or being slow to push the button), your train may sit in the helicopter scene for a few extra seconds while you wait for the brake run to be cleared. I've always felt that BLSC would run more efficiently with two trains instead of three due to its short ride time.

(Disclaimer: The above paragraph is based solely on my own observations while in line for BLSC and my resulting inferences, and is not based on any actual direct knowledge of the ride's operating procedures. Corrections from those who have worked on the BLSC crew or are otherwise "in the know" are appreciated.)

I'm glad the rain didn't ruin your day! We opted not to go because we weren't sure if more storms were going to hit the area (I couldn't go out until around 4 anyway), and turns out we would've been fine. Oh well, shooting for another day this week.

Love the story about the little guy on Invertigo, I bet you made his day :)

• Like 1