Birthday Frights 10/19/13

fanofFirehawk

Well I guess it wasn't technically my Birthday, it was on Friday, not Saturday but that isn't going to bother you. Is it? So after two brown Sugar Pop tarts, a quick game of pool, we crammed into the car, all five of us. On the way to the park we made a pit stop at Walmart, and geared up with sweatshirts, gloves, and OSU hats, and a pack of Juicy Fruit.

We pulled into our slot in the typical Invertigo Parking, and threw on some ponchos. We made our way to the gate and were greeted by the cold, windy rain, and light crowds. We rented a locker, threw our Extra Cloths on, went to the restroom, made a stop by guest services asking what rides were down and the only thing was Surf Dog and Flying Ace Ariel chase at the moment. We browsed around the shops on International Street and then stood for the National Anthem and set off for Back Lot Stunt Coaster as pure our tradition. We then realized that the dormant BackWoods Bayou was blocking our path so we went all the way around. Aaron made an argument for Vortex but we reminded him it was Tradition. All four of us hopped into the front car leaving the other two behind us empty and launched! Despite the rides innocent looking appearance it really packs a punch with a lot of G-forces and whole lot of fun! We now prepared for Vortex I convinced Jesse (the smart one :P) to sit with me in the famed 5-1 but stupid Aaron and Scott decided to Sit in the front. Oh well, I had fun. Awesome Ejector air and sweet G-forces, exceptional Arrow Coaster.

Next we set off for Rivertown and the tallest, fastest and longest Roller coaster in the World, In 1979. The Beast. We got a nice longs, fun, but cold ride on the longest wooden coaster in Earth. Now it was time for Diamondback Pretty much a walk on a great ride in row number 16. I believe the inner seats right next to each other are a lot smoother than those that are on the edge of the train.

We now headed to X-base to ride Firehawk, and the crowds weren't that big. This being my birthday celebration I had money set aside for Fastlane passes. But lines weren't to terribly bad so we held off. Firehawk went down so we left got inline for Flight of Fear, it took about 20 minutes to get on but we had an awesome adrenaline filled ride.

We decided it was time for a ride on Invertigo so we waited 30 minutes and got a nice intense ride. We were going to do Drop Tower but the line was pretty long so we headed to Flight Deck. An epic ride on a dying race of rides, I hope it stays for a long time. Long live Flight Deck (#longliveflightdeck :) )! That was pretty much it for our ride count. It was about 2:50 at this point, we felt like seeing the Ed's Magic Show but the next one wash't until 3:30 so we headed up to the top of the Eiffel Tower got some lovely view of from the top, I pointed out the some of the tracks and supports on the ground for Banshee and they found it really cool to see it 'in pieces". I also pointed out the old Trams, they ask why they don't use them anymore because. My dad pointed out that the puniest park lot at the hospital he worked at has a tram and it is smaller than preferred parking. I wish those would come back just a common courtesy for everyone.

But after a while atop of the center piece of the park, it was about time for them to start seating they opened the doors right when we got inline. Although they probably wouldn't admit it, I think they really enjoyed the show. They laughed out loud quite a lot.

After a nice fun filled mind bending show in the Kings Island Theater we wanted something to eat. So we got our hand's stamped and set off for Taco Bell. We lost our parking spot before we even pulled out of the lane. Oh well, I got a Chicken Quesdilla quesadilla and everyone else got a Doritos Locos Taco Except Jesse he got a normal one.

We got back to the park and some how I was talked into a Fright Lane pass :blink:. We waited outside Holiday Horror because I remember that one from last year and enjoying it (sort of). We didn't use our punch because we already in the front of line anyways so...

But finally it opened and I walked down, my heart pounding. I actually really enjoyed I let out a few screams through it. I liked a lot of animatronics like the painting that folded down and the head popped out. And the room that caved it, that scared the pee (not really) out of me. So did the coat hanger with that hats that popped up to a skeleton with a hat on it. Over all an awesome opening to the Haunt. (7/10)

Next one was CarnEvil I enjoyed this one we all came out laughing, we did use our punch on that one so we got the front of line and the group, so pretty good scares, really that one wasn't that bad. (6/10)

We then did one that I was kind of nervous about. Madam Fatales Cavern of Terror, ultimately this was my favorite. I liked going through the cavern and having Madam Fatale Greet us in the pre show room. We went in the front of the line and I loved pretty much every aspect of this. It was just awesome, I liked the line of mummies and all sorts of other things. (10/10)

We now wanted to do Board 2 Death, I was really disappointed with this one, I like the start with monopoly and some of the other things but really it wasn't all that impressive. (4/10)

Next we decided to head to Urgent Scared. I actually really liked this one. I liked the reception room with the elevator music and the phone ringing. I did find it a little hard to hear the nurse at the start but ultimately it was a pretty awesome maze that got quite a few scares on me. My dad, being a physician really enjoyed this too. (8/10)

We now headed to Delta Delta Die, which was better than Board 2 Death but wasn't as good as some of the others. I guess my dad liked it better, it might be because some of the theming and ideas I didn't get to well but it still got some pretty good scares on me. (6/10)

Now we were going to do Wolf Pack but we ended up doing Club Blood first, it was okay the motor cycle scared me quite a lot, I guess that had a bit more of an adult theme but it was still enjoyable. (5/10)

Wolf Pack was up next, I really enjoyed this one, they got quite a few scares on me and my friends. But we all really enjoyed it, but there was a bit of an issue with the Fright lane thing, because you exit where the Fright lanes go you could keep going so that should be addressed in the future. (9/10)

Next was Slaughter House this one might have been a bit to much for me, a lot of gore and uck. The Car really got me. And I really freaked out when we had to push our way through all of those corpse hanging. But it was still pretty good, (8/10)

Now it was getting pretty late so we stopped and got Jesse his Aunt Annies Pretzel and decided to do the outdoor ones which I liked. First was Corn Stalkers, I liked how it was different from the others, despite the fact it was one line the Scare Actors got me quite a few times. I liked the length and time in this one. (9/10)

We now decided to hit up the train again with Tombstone Terror-tory, this is one of the coolest concepts for a Haunt it was probably one of my Favorites. I liked the trains' narrator and the story of it, that was pretty cool. It was really long and really fun. For the majority of the time We at the very front, just Aaron and I all alone no one ahead or behind us and that made it all the more awesome! (10/10)

We hit up Holiday Horror one last time using Frightlane and settled to use our Extra one on the Cavern of Terror one last time.

Over all a very fun and exciting night at the Haunt.

Post Trip Notes:

- Disappointed in amount and quality of the Monsters just walking aroung the Park, I was a lot more impressed with them last year.

- Loved Tomb Stone Terror-tory and Madame Fatals Cavern of Terror.

- Very cold and rainy, kept the Crowd away for us to get on most of the rides before Haunt Crowd Showed so we saved money and were able to buy Fright Lane!

- I'll will try and post some pictures soon!

And thanks for Reading my novel.

• Like 8