TR 6-12-07 with pics

KIfan73

Made it to the park for the first time this season last Tuesday the 12th. Got to the park at opening, and got a great parking spot in the Gold Pass lot. I love walking up to the entrance. Just a beautiful sight. Everything looked really clean. One of the first things I noticed was the change in "soundtrack". I miss the movie themes, but the music that was played all day really gave an upbeat atmosphere. In fact, if I had to describe the change in the park that I noticed in a word, it would be "upbeat". I could feel that a new time had come at Kings Island.

Once in, a few employees told me where to go to get my permanant pass. Once processed, I asked if the free parking was added to my pass. "Oh, that had free parking?" This scared me a little bit, but got it straightened out, and I was on my way.

HPIM0163.jpg

I really liked the new feel of the shops. Lots of neat new merchandise, and everything just looked "tight". It seems like a lot of work has went into organizing and generally making shopping a better experience.

Once the rope dropped, it was to The Beast (awesome as usual, and no wait), TR:TR (a total waste of time with no soundtrack), Italian Job (fun and no wait), and The Vortex (as well, no wait). Decided that I really wanted to ride Firehawk. Well, 2 hot hours later, and I was on my way. I have to admit I was really nervous, but it was a blast to ride. Can't wait to get on it again.

HPIM0193.jpg

It was almost 1 by this time, and I really wanted to see the ice show (and find a good way to cool down), so I made it to the Paramount Theater just in time. In all of these years I had never been in there, and was extremely impressed by the show and the Theater itself.

The following photos need no explanation. Really, I think, some of the most gorgeous views there are. The park was just really gorgeous.

HPIM0199.jpg

HPIM0198.jpg

At this point, I decided to head for Boomerang Bay. Hadn't been to it for a couple years, and I always have a blast there. However, it left me with a hankering for the rides I didn't get on, especially with the short lines, so I am planning on returning very soon.

HPIM0202.jpg

Got to the water park, and rode several waterslides and spent a little time in the wave pool. The water park is a blast, and I would like to devote a day to it before the summer is over. I got a little beat up on the Awesome Aussie Twister (busted elbow), so I decided at this point I would head back over to the main park. I rode the train back to Rivertown (gotta love the train ride!!).

By this time it was getting late in the afternoon, so bought a few souvenirs I wanted to get and got some pizza at LaRosa's on IS. The newly remodeled interior was nice, and you couldn't have asked for nicer employees.

I love to go up the Tower, and always get some good shots up there.

HPIM0211.jpg

And, of course, before I leave I always like to get a shot of this:

HPIM0212.jpg

As much as I love all the new stuff, its the traditional things that really make the visit worthwhile for me.

Overall, I had a great day, and can't wait to go back. I really wasn't sure, with as many times as I've been to KI, if I would find enough to do, but I think I could have spend a week there this time. As the years go on, I just appreciate it more and more I think.

The park looked spectacular, and I was really impressed with what CF had done to the park for this year.