The "SeaWorld Mole" and SEAS Failed Activist Espionage

This is a must read article regarding SeaWorld and their continued PR Meltdown and Failed Attempt to Infiltrate Orca Activist Groups.  Truly Amazing the lengths this company will go.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-seaworld-mole-tried-to-catfish-me

This article from Vice is an amazing look at how a Sea World employee began posing as a fake activist prior to the release of BlackFish.  Seems like one of his main goals was to determine where information regarding the parks and practices was coming from.  Potentially looking for who the inside sources were so the park could handle the leak?

Amazing how SEAS continues to shoot themselves in the foot over Blackfish instead of resolve the problems or take a proactive stance against the movie.  

• Like 2

Truthfully, SeaWorld's orca pools are pretty darn abysmal. Love the parks, love their mission, and know better than to trust Blackfish. But those enclosures in particular really are in sparse, blue swimming pools. Compare it to the massively expanded pools that are part of the "Blue World" Project with their currents, geysers, natural colors, depths, and textures, etc. You wouldn't expect pools like that for any sentient creature in even a moderate local zoo.

I believe SeaWorld cares for their orcas. I just think it's not wrong to say that those enclosures are subpar, especially for such brilliant animals.

• Like 4