Is there a ride out there that has actually scared you?

My friend and I were talking about what we might do next summer....her coming here or me going back to Ohio. I am planning to attend the 10 yr HS reunion next year if we have one up there, but I really really really want to do both Kings Island and Carowinds and so does she with the 2 new rides coming to both parks. She hasn't been to Carowinds since we were in HS.

But anyways we were talking about Firehawk and it turned into a convo about comparing those two and then me going into how it actually scared the living CRAP out of me. No roller coaster has done this before, (except when I went through the phase of being scared of them) but I have never screamed, cried, laughed so hard as I did on Nighthawk. Cedar Point, I thought those rides would scare me, but none did! I finally met my match on Nighthawk!

So my ? to you....is there a ride out there that actually scared the living %&*! out of you?

Let's See:

1. Millennium Force gave me second thoughts, but only once.

2. Top Thrill Dragster Sent me into a panic attack once, but not more then 1 time.

3. Son of Beast Scared me, but now it's fine. I love the first drop.

4. Drop Tower continually sends me into a panic attack. Why do I ride it if it allways scares me out of my skull? Who knows.

4. Drop Tower continually sends me into a panic attack. Why do I ride it if it allways scares me out of my skull? Who knows.

I'm right there with you on that one. I love riding it but as it pulls us up I'm always freaking out. It's not bad once you hit the top, or even when you're falling, but I just hate being pulled up.

I think I was scared on just about every coaster and big flat that I have been on, but only for the first time on each (except Drop Tower).

The first time I ever rode The Beast I wanted to get out when we started reaching the top of the hill. Of course I didn't, but I wanted to in the back of my mind.

First time on Drop Tower: In tears at the top, took the drop with my eyes slammed shut, gritted teeth and white knuckles.

First time on Millennium Force: Had a panic attack in the loading station when it hit me like a ton of bricks how steep and high we were about to go.

I love them both dearly now, and cannot get enough.

First time on Drop Tower: In tears at the top, took the drop with my eyes slammed shut, gritted teeth and white knuckles.

First time on Millennium Force: Had a panic attack in the loading station when it hit me like a ton of bricks how steep and high we were about to go.

I love them both dearly now, and cannot get enough.

Makes me want to ride them both >.<

I, too, thought I was going to cry while going up. We were about 50 feet up and I was like this is high enough. Then once were about 200 feet up, I was just like what's going any higher going to do.

Drop Tower and hanging in the harness on Invertigo scare me to death. I'm afraid of heights, but if i'm in a moving vehicle, I'm fine. Flying doesn't bother me at all. And roller coasters don't either. But when I'm hanging there, I'm afraid of falling, while at the same time saying "drop me and get me out of this". I know that is contradictory, but I suppose that's why phobias are "irrational fears" :)

I don't remember being nervous for a roller coaster since my first ride on The Beast. I got a little anxious during the first trip up the hill on Maverick. I didn't realize how fast we went up, and I had never experienced a past vertical drop, but as soon as we crested the hill, it was gone and I fell in love with my new favorite ride. Drop Tower always gets me on the first ride of the day. Then if I ride it again that same day I'm not nervous for it.