June, 3 Kings Dominion

tjpavlik

Friday I had a 6 hour layover in Richmond, Va.  Even my passengers knew where I was headed.

I arrived at the park at 9:45 and the parking lot was pretty much empty.  I parked in the first spot past the handicap spots and headed to the front gates.  The gates opened and I was in!

I didn't realize that the park opens at 10:00, but the rides open at 10:30.  After asking a security officer I found out Volcano and Flight of Fear were on tap for ERT.  They wouldnt let me cut through SnoopyLand so I had to go back and get though by Dominator.  There were no signs or indications that advertised  Gold/Platinum ERT.

In any case I ended up in front of Volcano with no ride attendant in sight and a garbage can in the queue.  I ran into a couple from KI, (Sorry I didn't get your names!) and we chatted for a few minutes.  At that point an attendant came up and asked what we were waiting for!  He moved the can and we headed in!

Long story short there were about 10 people there for ERT.  I rode in the back twice, in the middle once and once in the front without re-entering the queue.  A great ride, all four times!

I knew the clock was ticking so I headed over to Intimidator 305.  Same thing here, in the back twice, in the middle once and then I exited and re-entered the queue for a front seat ride.  Spectacular Ride! 

(11:15) Time to punch out....

They didn't have the CoasterDynamix model of Intimidator 305 so I bought a coffee mug and made my way to the exit. 

Interestingly enough when I was changing back into the pilot uniform I noticed I had bruises on both shoulders.  I'm pretty sure that was from Intimidator.  I didn't feel it when it happened but I felt it for the rest of the day. 

B8D19810-7824-4F0B-84FE-86546E98B249_zps467D0270-6E46-40C0-962E-787A09E7F736_zps

• Like 10

I assume that Cedar Fair has a contract with CoasterDynamix.  Unfortunately CoasterDynamix's website is horrible and I really can't determine what is available until I get into a park or see something on their social media. 

I have seen Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Gatekeeper, Magnum and Valravn at Cedar Point. (apparently Raptor and Maverick will be available later this summer)   I have seen The Beast, Banshee and Diamondback at Kings Island. 

I've seen nothing at Knotts, Kings Dominion or SF Great Adventure. (but they have some sweet coasters that could be modeled!)