2005 Poll

monkeyman

One also has to remember it's not really how many G-forces you experience, it's how long you experience them for. Your face can pull up to 20-Gs (no joke) when you sneeze, but does it hurt? No; at least it shouldn't. Delirium pulls 4.5 (I believe) Gs over your whole body and boy can you FEEL it. There are also lateral forces, too.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, after the problems the park had with Son of Beast, IU highly doubt that we`ll see a prototype ride from a manufacturer, such as a possible floorless from arrow.

Floorles coasters are not a prototype. They are a proven coaster. Yes, I understand it would be a first for S&S/Arrow, but it is definitely not a prototype. S&S/Arrow would just be using the existing technology.

A flyer would be nice since I don't think there are any in the Midwest (please correct me if I am wrong, though).

Ok, I will. It's called X-Flight and is located at Geauga Lake.

??? I assume you just forgot about Beast, Racer, Vortex, FOF, Delirium and Reptar right?

I was just making a point. SOB and TR:TR are the worst prototypes ever. They have had so many problems with both. The rest have all been fairly reliable. wink.gif

Keep in mind that out of all the prototype rides PKI has installed, only one has been a flop. That would be The Bat which expereinced numerous mechanical problems which resulted in the park deciding to remove the ride rather than shell out the necessary money to fix it.

I think that what ever they decide to put in will be a big hit at first then if the people don't get a better thrill out of it people will just ride to waste time.

I still think they need to make the Tomber raider a longer ride though.

Pki punk i am disappointed Sob and TRTR are worth the problems...they are great rides, and are my top 5 favorite list of rides in the park. Problems or not they are 2 of the best things in the park

First, I need to get this off my chest. I REALLY DISLIKE SOB. Sorry, I do not want to offend anyone. How can you like a ride that beats the SH*T out of you everytime you ride it. I don't mean to put you down dxrunner, but if SOB is one of your top five rides, you might want to get checked out. Now, TR:TR is not that bad, BUT it does not do enough top spins, and it seems like the ride is always broken down. Please don't anyone get offended, I am just stating my opinion (except about TR:TR that crap is ALL true!)

PKI Punk, you did not offend me, but I do like SOB. Sure, sometimes it can be an SOB, but the roughness does not bother me any more than The Beast. I think the General Public is getting spoiled by Intamin and B&M with their smooth coasters. If in fact we are getting the Addams Family coaster, then my vote has to go to none of the above because there is no vertical drop coaster listed.

Sure wooden coasters are rough, but I LOVE The Beast, it does not bother me at all. There are only two wooden coasters I REALLY dislkie, they are SOB and Mean Streak at CP. They are both like riding a jackhammer! ohmy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Well after the whole fiasco with restraints with Intamin coasters I don't want one unless they make alot fo improvments on them. I mean if they did install an Intamin coaster with T-Bar restraints (like MF and TTD) it would be a big flop because alot of the people who would come and ride it would be turned away. I'm not sure what they would be thinking of putting in. Well thats my $0.02.

WoW a Giga is winning. There is no way pki would add a giga, its not really their style. Plus their neighbors up north, Cedar Point, have the world's greatest coaster (Millennium Force) and that is a giga, so they don't want to compete with it.

Why wouldnt we want to compete with MF at CP??? We dont have anything that can compete with it so why wouldnt they want to put in something that could?????

Because...(like many people whine about:) King's Island "isn't in the coaster race anymore."

Yeah, they're not in the coaster race anymore, which is why four years ago, they opened the world's tallest, fastest and only looping wooden rollercoaster to complete their record holding with the world's longest wooden rollercoaster. By the way, did you people also know that King's Island is the only amusement park in the WORLD to have TWO of the top 5 longest roller coasters in existance?

So you know, King's Island ISN'T AT ALL in the coaster race anymore. They dropped out YEARS ago...

In conclusion, Thurgood Marshall was black. Thank you.

ITs gonna be a kiddie coaster...just deal with it

Oops forgot to add this, Tiny if it was another kiddie coaster, I think everyone would be extremely PO'ed so lets just hope that they dont.

^^Oh yea PKI out of the coater race i forgot about that.... gimmie a break biggrin.gif

Yeah, they're not in the coaster race anymore, which is why four years ago, they opened the world's tallest, fastest and only looping wooden rollercoaster to complete their record holding with the world's longest wooden rollercoaster

You just backed up the statement that they are out of the coaster race, did you know that? biggrin.gif How? You said yourself that it was four years ago that they built a new record breaking coaster unlike CP and SFMM that do it year after year with records being numbers, height, and speed. wink.gif

PKI's not in the coaster race, but that doesn't restrict them from building huge coasters from time to time. As for what's coming in 2005, well, I'd bet whatever it is, coaster or flat, it'll be amazing, so let's just wait and see.

• 4 weeks later...

Odds are that PKI will not add anything to AZ. Look instead to CM or RT.

About what the park gets in 2005, as the season progresses, it leads me to think that all the park is going to do is revamp CM or something stupid like that.

I wish I could revote - I'd bid for "no coaster." It's not going to happen. Until it does, all I can do is play on NoLimits and pencil topographical designs of what the Island's coaster would look like if I was in charge of ride development... cool.gif

So you know, King's Island ISN'T AT ALL in the coaster race anymore. They dropped out YEARS ago...

Well, people are trying to emulate Sonny, Look at the concept, Wooden Looping.......so technecly we are in the coaster race.........i mean parks are trying to build a wooden looping coaster.........i maybe wrong........but any1 knows where im coming from

What other parks have tried to build a looping wooden coaster? I've never really heard of a park "trying" to build a roller coaster; either they build one, or they don't. I know of one coaster, built by Intamin back in the 1980s that was never finished. The track is complete, but the coaster still today lacks an electrical system.

Son of Beast wasn't inexpensive, either. Not very many parks have as much money to "play around with" as King's Island does.

As for whether of not King's Island is "still in the coaster race" or not, we'll just have to see. In my book, the park is still in it. Innovation is a race that PKI has been winning since the 1970s.

It is compact for a few reasons...

1. It would be a B&M dive machine meaning the track layout would most likely be a figure 8 to some extent.

2. The coaster would be partially indoors (the lift) so this part of the ride would not take up much room. (it would be an almost vertical lift).

Take this info for what its worth. huh.gif