Kings Island-opoly

coaster_junky

Back at the end of 2005, and in early 2006, Kings Island was selling a board game called Kings Island-opoly. It was a take off of the hit Monopoly game. The game had Paramount`s and various Paramount names on it. I don`t know how well those sold, but I believe that they eventually became part of the Paramount merchandise clearance sales.

Here are some photos of the game in our photo gallery.

I don`t know if you could anticipate it making a return. I`m not even sure if they sold any in 2007 or if they had cleared all of them out by the end of 2006.

Cedar Point had Cedar Point - opoly this past summer, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it return.

If anyone's got a PKI-opoly set they'd be willing to sell, I'd love to have it. I collect Monopoly games and missed the opporunity to buy it when I lived out of state. I have Cedar Point-opoly.

Back at the end of 2005, and in early 2006, Kings Island was selling a board game called Kings Island-opoly. It was a take off of the hit Monopoly game. The game had Paramount`s and various Paramount names on it. I don`t know how well those sold, but I believe that they eventually became part of the Paramount merchandise clearance sales.

I don`t know if you could anticipate it making a return. I`m not even sure if they sold any in 2007 or if they had cleared all of them out by the end of 2006.

That sounds so awesome. I'm not much of a monopoly guy but I would be if I had that!

When I was a Merchandise Supervisor in '07 the department did clearance them out, because they never sold. I remember at one point when I was in thrill-seekers we had over 300 just in our stockroom.

They swore to never bring that game back. It just never sold. It might sell if it didn't look so cheap.

I did buy 2 though once they hit 75% off plus my employee discount of 15% off. So it was a bargain!