Wild Escape--Now What?

The two articles conflict...with the second saying that the final permit piece should be obtained in mid-March. I will believe this project is actually real the day the gates open to the paying public, and not a minute before. Even then, I won't believe it a smashing success until the park shows a profit for a sustained period. There is many a rock in the road before the final destination here, folks.

• 3 weeks later...
The two articles conflict...with the second saying that the final permit piece should be obtained in mid-March. I will believe this project is actually real the day the gates open to the paying public, and not a minute before. Even then, I won't believe it a smashing success until the park shows a profit for a sustained period. There is many a rock in the road before the final destination here, folks.

So, it's mid-March (just a bit later than that, actually), and:

Final Permit Finalized for Theme Park:

http://www.wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewsto...p;storyid=55041

State Journal

The developer of the Wild Escape Park at The Highlands wants to remind Ohio Valley residents that "an elephant doesn't move as fast as a jaguar

WTOV

Our indoor park -- actually for the dry rides -- you could fit the Empire State Building in," Minard said.

Minard said now the question isn't if the project is going to happen, but when. Once the earthwork is complete, it will take about one more year to get the park open to the public.

• 1 month later...

This may be why:

...In other matters, mitigation work on Middle Wheeling Creek is expected to be completed in June, Stewart said. The mitigation must be completed before earthwork related to a planned Wild Escape theme park begins.

David Sims, authority member and Ohio County commissioner, said he believes Wild Escape President Steve Minard currently is working on engineering plans related to the park. All the necessary federal and state permits are in place to allow the project to go forward.

Minard said previously that it would be "several months" before any work would begin. Minard is expected to bid out and pay for the earthwork, which will involve filling in a portion of Storch's Run.

Minard could not be reached Tuesday evening for additional comment.

http://www.theintelligencer.net/page/conte.../id/523682.html

Will it have a sewage plant about 100yrds away? Or a stinky river next to it? I know it will not have some of the best looking coaster trains, because Camden is hard to beat in that category.

(Monroe, who thinks Camden is a fun park, just has problems breathing in the hot summer time that close to a sewage plant.)

At an estimated cost of $200 mil. I would think that they are thinking of building some thing with an old style park feel like Camden. I would hope that they would find some designs of rides and coasters of the past and replicate them. (I know, replicas never live up to the real thing but it would be a great place to start.) Besides, how hard is it to make a really good Pronto Pup any ways.......oh wait, never mind.

I remember seeing, back when news first got out of this supposed park, some renderings. However, they were also ones the same company had used for a park they were going to build somewhere else.

Let me throw this out there: I think this is a terrible idea.

• 1 year later...

This is like making ships with perishable goods wait to come into the harbor. If they can make them wait long enough there will be nothing to come in with.There was dirt moved years ago but nothing has happened since. I posted pictures of the site on here before. Everything there has come to a stand still. There is other buildings that was built that sit empty there.

• 4 years later...