What happened

IloveSOB

a lady burst a blood vessel in her head and reported it to the park, and just for safety reasons they shut down the ride until they can figure out what caused it to happen

Last night on the news they said that there is a goverment investigation going on now. why would the goverment need to get into something this small?

^^The Ohio Department of Agriculture is responsible for inspecting rides. They are a government agency, hence the government is involved.

"The Ohio Department of Agriculture" I thought agriculture was for plants. I would not know this since im going into 8th grade next year.

^^The Ohio Department of Agriculture is responsible for inspecting rides. They are a government agency, hence the government is involved.

"The Ohio Department of Agriculture" I thought agriculture was for plants. I would not know this since im going into 8th grade next year.

Yes, agriculture is for plants. But the way I understand it, the way the Dept. of Agriculture inherited ride inspections is this (and someone please correct me if I've been misinformed regarding the history of how the Dept. of Agriculture got ride inspection duties): There are a large number of state/county/regional fairs and festivals. Lots of these fairs and festivals are agriculturally based. So the Dept. of Agriculture has a large interest in these fairs and festivals. And what, besides cows, pigs, sheep, pumpkins, tomatoes, etc. are at fairs? Rides! So the Dept. of Agriculture was placed in charge of inspecting these rides. The inspection duties spread to cover amusement parks as well.

See here for the Department of Agriculture's Amusement Ride Safety website: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/rides/

Yes, agriculture is for plants. But the way I understand it, the way the Dept. of Agriculture inherited ride inspections is this (and someone please correct me if I've been misinformed regarding the history of how the Dept. of Agriculture got ride inspection duties): There are a large number of state/county/regional fairs and festivals. Lots of these fairs and festivals are agriculturally based. So the Dept. of Agriculture has a large interest in these fairs and festivals. And what, besides cows, pigs, sheep, pumpkins, tomatoes, etc. are at fairs? Rides! So the Dept. of Agriculture was placed in charge of inspecting these rides. The inspection duties spread to cover amusement parks as well.

See here for the Department of Agriculture's Amusement Ride Safety website: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/rides/

Yes, the Ohio Department of Agriculture oversees the inspection of amusement devices. The division has their own building at the Dept of Ag compound near my home in Reynoldsburg, OH. The old building actually had a sign on it that said "Ferris Wheel Inspection Division," but their duties have obviously grown since then.