Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

dotflan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. dotflan changed their profile photo
  2. I have inherited my great-grandfather's steamboat possessions. His name was Captain William Eakins and was a 4th generation steamer from Dayton, Kentucky. He worked for the Coney Island Company for several years until 1920. I attached a few photos from his album as well as a letter from when he retired. I started scanning the album and letters, and have uploaded them to here: https://imgur.com/a/EjWNO I have been looking to find somewhere in Cincinnati where I can do furthger research as there does not seem to be a whole lot of info about the first Island Queen (and the sister ships, Morning Star and Island Princess) and the crew members. My mom was working with him on a biography before he passed away, but it was never finished. I would love to be able to finish it and get it published, but would also like to try to find more info about these images as well as information not mentioned in this lot. Unfortunately, my mother passed away about 3 years ago and my uncle passed away about 6 years ago. There's only a few members of the family left alive and I would love to be able to get his story told.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.