Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ride On_17

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ride On_17

  1. Darn Senior Project! Maybe I'll be able to go to this since I'm not entirely sure of my availbility that month, but I sure hope I can!
  2. This article is really interesting, and highlights some of the most influential and important coaster ever created. This includes the origins to the roller coaster and the first "scream machines" that existed! The Beast is one of them, and I'm not surprised at all by this. http://mentalfloss.com/article/58035/10-roller-coasters-changed-america
  3. Maybe referring to that the new coaster will be another B&M?
  4. That's so awesome! You're lucky you were filming when that happened. I think we all love you for that!
  5. Wow, that fence got fixed fast.
  6. Ride On_17 replied to thoe124's topic in Rumors
    I'd still rather have a traditional, non shooting dark ride but oh well.
  7. Wow, this is horrible. Now the latest is 2 injuries, with one of them being a broken leg. Apparently riders onboard were freaking out when it happened according to people who were there. Very scary. And that really smashed out that piece of fence...crazy. Thankfully it wasn't during the day since usually a lot of people stand right around that spot, but I'm not sure if there were people hit by flying fence pieces. Thankfully none of the injuries are life threatening. I really love Skyhawk but do you think it could be on its way out due to all its incidents, especially this one?
  8. Ride On_17 replied to thoe124's topic in Rumors
    I love how much time it seems like you spent on it. Great vision and imagination!
  9. To be honest, Gatekeeper actually slipped my mind when creating my list. The back left of that coaster is amazing.
  10. New Jersey's Finest Theme Park!
  11. Knowing Tony he probably did not just randomly do that. Or did he? With him it's nearly impossible to tell what are clues and what aren't. I guess that's part of the fun with Cedar Point speculation.
  12. And it's not a coaster but since Terpy mentioned Demon Drop, I'd have to give an honorable mention to Zumanjaro. The suspense as you ascent... Then slowly crawl to a stop... Giving you several seconds to grip tightly (or in my case, stick your legs out and put your arms out )... And to enjoy the amazing view... Before suddenly plummeting down to the Earth, getting faster and faster the farther you drop... Big Droppy Thing sure is incredible and sure does have an amazing big drop.
  13. I searched and didn't see anything like this so I thought it could be a fun topic. What is everyone's list of favorite roller coaster first drops? Also, be sure to list if it's in a particular seat. And different seats can count as a spot, as seen in mine. I love drops with airtime and weightlessness, so that is mostly how my list is ranked. Feel free to indicate if there's any particular reason you chose that seat/ride. 1. El Toro (Back seat. I've never experienced more intense airtime before) 2. Diamondback (Back seat. All I can say is WOW.) 3. Maverick (Back seat. Extreme ejector air.) 4. Millennium Force (Back seat. Major airtime.) 5. Banshee (Back seat. Not only was I extremely surprised by this airtime, it is super intense.) 6. Diamondback (Front seat. I love how you hang there at the time.) 7. Steel Force (Back seat. Tons of great airtime.) 8. Nitro (Back seat. Great airtime.) 9. Millennium Force (Front seat. It's fun hanging at the top, but I especially love it for the view.) 10. Dragster (Front seat. Can't beat the view. Even though it's short, it's worth it.)
  14. There's a new, very intereresting blog. Lots of pictures, including the old Pirate Ride building, Point Pavilion, the structure by GK (the hew haunt), Mantis, the lagoons near Adventure Island, and Mean Streak. I'm not sure what to believe as diversions or clues. Plus what Tony said at the end is interesting. "We won't make you wait a century... But don't trust the 'Lemon Chill Guy' And maybe, just maybe, don't trust mi?" Yes, he did say "mi." I have no clue what that means though. https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Thanks-For-The-Fun
  15. I agree, especially for the near miss elements with the barn.
  16. Just the fact that B&M now has a launching coaster has boosted my appreciation of them way up. I can only hope that this will be the first of many. As of right now, that's what I thought what they were lacking the most between them and Intamin. As others have said, Intamin better start watching out. B&Ms suddenly taking huge leaps and bounds in the industry.
  17. This coaster looks so awesome. I'm very impressed, not only with Holiday World adding a (STEEL!!) coaster of this scale, but also for B&M for incorporating a launch. I really need to go to Holiday World even more so than I did before this announcement.
  18. Sorry to bring back this topic, but the required amount of money needed for this is still over twice the amount that has currently been donated. Please spread the word!
  19. There are just so many clues and pieces to this puzzle. Unlike in previous years when a major addition was coming next year, at this point in time I am clueless as to what's coming. And I love that. I can't wait to be surprised, as long as no blueprints or leaked documents (or websites) get out ahead of time.
  20. So the Coaster Campout was being called Camp Rou...any connection to the trademarked name Rougarou? I know originally this was suspected as the name of a new haunt in the building next to The Beast at KI, but PointBuzz member kevinj gave a good point that Cedar Fair never trademarks Haunt names. Even look at the ones Cedar Point just announced for this upcomong HalloWeekends: neither Hexed nor Tombstone Terror-Tory have trademarks. Do some more digging and you'll see there are no Haunt or HalloWeekends trademarks. Using this train of sense, Rougarou will be the name of a new ride. Could "Camp Rou" just be a simple diversion...or a clue as to something coming to the Point next year?
  21. So apparently 2 new haunts were announced at the Coaster Campout. In addition to the Hexed haunted house, another one (presumably an outdoor walkthrough or maze) will be called Tombstone Terror-Tory. But as far as I can tell, the location for that one is still unkown.
  22. I would really love it if something is done to Mantis for next year. Maybe the paint will grow on me (if it's indeed being painted), but I find Mantis' current colors to be among my favorite color combo in the park. It's so unique and cool. But I do like that shade of green. I wonder what the supports would be...
  23. Whoops! I also forgot to add in the link to the article, which I now did. I must be tired.
  24. I swear I read somewhere that it wouldn't be possible for a wing rider to be that tall, since the chassis supporting the seats wouldn't be able to withstand all the forces. Unlike a normal sitdown coaster where the force is pushing directly down on the seats and onto the track, with a wing rider the seats are suspended pretty far out, so most of the force is not exerted down on the track. I could be wrong though but I think I remember seeing this before. Unless B&M is able to somehow design wing rider trains that are able to withstand forces from a 300+ drop that's more than twice than the height of their current wing riders, then I just could see them slightly altering their hyper trains to give them a new look.
  25. I searched for a similar topic but didn't find anything, so here you go. This topic is to discuss anything and everything about CP's HalloWeekends event, whether it's general questions/comments, experiences, favorite haunts, rumors, etc. You name it, feel free to discuss it here. I'd like to start by commenting about the new building presumably for a new haunt next to Gatekeeper. According to this article, there will be a new haunted house called Hexed, so I'm going to guess it will go in this new building. This new haunt will also explain the witch advertisements outside the park. http://consumer.discoverohio.com/mobile/search-detail.aspx?detail=46447 I think this is a very interesting idea to go with a more traditional Halloween idea. The past couple haunts at the park have been really good so I hope this one will be too I'll be curious to see what Hexed will be like. I'm sure there has to be more to it than a bunch of people dressed as witches running around, and I'm excited to find out.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.