Scarowinds Pricing is UP, and I do mean UP

Ouch, an extra $20 for passholders!

I personally would find this unfair if KI did the same thing (and I have no reason to think they won't). I mean the October operating dates have been on the calendar all season, probably giving many passholders the impression that they have plenty of time to visit the park with this season's pass. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I've seen.) Now KI does have their back covered with (as copied from their site) "Although it happens rarely, our schedule is subject to change without notice and we advise that you check the times on our website before you visit the park."

Nevertheless, I just don't think it's very smart for the park to suddenly take away nearly all of October (it looks like we'll still have regular operating Sundays) for passholders unless they want to pay the $20. Now I'm one of those people who would really go to Fearfest because the park was still open, and I could still ride the rides. It's not that I think that the haunts aren't worth money, and it's fine to charge for them. But IMO, they're going about this the wrong way, and making pass holders pay for this when they didn't have to in the past isn't smart since the procedure for operating the park's rides aren't really changing much.

But I do have one question that could change my opinion a little: Last year was the park open on Saturdays at say 10 am, or did they do it like they're doing this year and open it at night?

If they do charge for HH this year, then the park is open for all day as well, well the park opens at 12pm on Saturdays in October. It sounds like to me they are still trying to figure out if they should charge extra for KI's HH or include it in the parks admission. I hope they do include it, I don't feel like shelling out another 20 dollars just to visit KI in the evening on Friday or Saturday evenings.