KI Man Visits Wet 'n Wild Australia!

Ki Man

Hey everyone, I went to Wet 'n Wild yesterday and got on all the rides except the Black Hole. Didn't look worth the wait. The park was great! Alot of rides to choose from..and any water park with an Intamin HalfPipe in it is awesome! It was also a beautiful park. It had tons of palm trees and other exotic plants throughout the entire place. It was vastly spreadout.

1001329rj0.jpg

Surfrider - I didn't really know what to expect from this ride. It looked pretty fun...almost like Intamin looked at a Huss Frisbee and turned it into a coaster. It was pretty fun, a few good moments of floater air was good. Can't this be considered a floorless coaster? Is it?

One bad thing - They spray you with these fire hoses...ouch. But refreshing.

1001331pu8.jpg

1001347ev4.jpg

Looking at Surfrider from across the park. Looks steeper than 90* to me.

100e1357yx2.jpg

Yay for another new Intamin coaster! I love those restraints.

100e1358ia6.jpg

Hanging ten on the most awesome wave out there!

Super 8 Aqua Racer (One person Mats) - It was a fun ride. Eight lanes to choose and hop on a mat and slide down. It looks more fun than it really is IMO.

1001339et4.jpg

1001340tn1.jpg

KERSPLOOSH. I think it's a tie.

White Water Mountain Rapids (one person body slides) -

Enlosed slides: One was really good. It was pretty long and zig zaged its way down the mountain. The other kinda turned around and went straight. BUT both had an AWESOME helix of death.

Open slides: Both were pretty good with some dip and twisty paths down the mountain.

1001341cy1.jpg

1001342lw9.jpg

Mmm...four options of awesomeness.

1001346pv6.jpg

One of the Rapids with Speedcoaster in the backround.

100e1356jx9.jpg

Mmm...two awesome helixes with nice forces for a waterslide.

Twister (enlcosed body slides) - It's the typical twister you would see at a park. I think this one was better than KI's...smoother or something.

1001338in3.jpg

Speedcoaster (Two-two person enclosed/open slides) - This really puts the word 'coast' in 'coaster'. It was pretty lame...not really much speed, just a gradual decent...then you get about 3m up the hill and fall back ddown.

1001337cm4.jpg

Mmm...time for some lunch! I got the Mountain Burger at Bombora's.

1001336xi3.jpg

Next up I went over to the Mammoth Falls. It's one of those big raft rides. We got six people in a raft and man the ride was great! Countless times your raft went really high up on the sides of the slide! Oh, that's wave pool in there. Some nice waves!

1001348yg7.jpg

The Mach 5. Three jetspeed slides...OUCH. I went on 2/3, because the outside ones are the same. They basically ripped the skin off your back traveling about 85 km/h or something. The Sidewinders were pretty good. It was like the Mammoth Falls except only 3 people and there are more bumps and drops.

100e1353cv2.jpg

The Tornado was really good. It was a smaller version of KI's big bowl, but it was still just as good! We got pretty far up the side of the bowl.

1001334tv7.jpg

Back to the otherside of the park to explore some of these "Canyons" I've been hearing about...

1001335ax7.jpg

Terror Canyon 1 and 2(Enclosed double person tube ride) - Wow, now this ride was really cool. There were light effects, airtime, and high speed helixes. The ending was insane! You got sooo airborne on both of the drops!

1001344kv5.jpg

100e1354my3.jpg

Can you say...airtime?!

100e1355to6.jpg

You really need to hold on....tight!

Thanks for reading guys....still more updates to come!

I have been waiting for this report. I knew that you would have a great time there. It doesn't look like that big of a crowd, I personally think it is better with a large crowd. The culture of the area stands out more. This is always a must stop when I am in Australia, and one of the better parks that I have been to. Surfrider is actually just under 90*, but only by a fraction, still love the ride because of the harness. (I think it is 89.87* but I do not have the paper work in front of me so I could be wrong). I do have a question for you though. Are you there in a student exchange program? Because I thought from some of your past pictures that you went to Moeller? You do not have to answer if you do not want to, I was just curious. Another good report.

I'm in an exchange program, and I do go to Moeller High School.

Yeah, my friend told me that WnW is the place where aussies go, and the theme parks are where tourists go. Well, I met about 7 people and got emails from them the other day! Australia is such an awesome place.

I am so glad that you have had the opportunity to experience that part of the world. Your friend is right, about Aussies going to WnW and tourists going to the dry parks. WnW gives you such a mix of people from that area, that you don't have to go to a school over there to learn about the culture. It sounds like you are mixing in really well, and it should take you a couple of weeks to get rid of your Aussie accent when you get back. Be safe and fill us in on every thing else that you did over there when you get back.