Indiana Beach 7/24

raptor

I've been thinking about going for the past year and I finally made the trip up, drove up in the morning, did the 11-6 session than drove home at night, quite a long day. I really enjoyed the park, you had to walk across a suspension bridge over the lake to get to the park, it really looked quite neat from the bridge with the picturesque view of the park across the lake. Hoosier Hurricane was a nice wooden coaster with absolutely no wait. The swings were the best swings I have ever ridden. they go out over the lake and were quite high, and were kind of all otver the place, they rocked. I finally got to ride the paratroopers, a vintage amusement park ride that I had never seen before, they to went out over the lake, and it's a good thing I rode them when I did, because they soon shut down for the rest of the day which was disapointing. There was a really neat indoor coaster that went up an elevator and in and out of a cave on a mountain, that was really cool. Looking at the outside of the ride kind of reminded me of something out of old Magic World in Pigeon Forge when I was a kid. They had the flying scooters always a joy to ride. Didn't get a chance to ride the Antique Autos which I really wanted to do. They had a ride that kind of reminded me of the enchanted voyage without water called Den of Thieves with a pirate theme. It was a disapointment that the Cornball

Express was down all day. Steel Hawg the new coaster was a little crazy, it only has one car so I can't imagine how long a wait it would be on a crowded day but it was cool, while not overly fast the first hill goes down hill at 120 degree angle and it has a lot of cool elements. Also I couldn't pass up a chance to play Fascination an old time amusement park game that is rare to find these days, my mom has told me how my Grandmother loved to play it at Coney Island many years ago. It was a fun day and this was the first park in a tradition I'm starting of visiting one park every year that I have never been to before.

That was a real bummer that Cornball was down while you were there. You are missing an awesome coaster. Unlike Hoosier Hurricane, there is some decent airtime on Cornball. It's funny really. If you want speed, you ride HH, but if you want airtime, ride CE. I like to alternate back and forth since they're so close together.

I was there today, and they were running two cars on Steel Hawg. The line was unbearable. Apparently running a ride to full capacity is a problem for Indiana Beach since they were running only two cars on SH, two on Tig'rr, amazingly--two trains on Galaxi, and the rest--single train operation only. The lines (other than Steel Hawg) weren't bad, so I guess there isn't too much of a problem. They seem to have given up two train operation, though, as the second for HH wasn't even in the transfer track. Oh, well.

It was nice to ride a couple of wooden coasters that aren't trimmed, as well as the Tig'rr. Especially since Tig'rr has no restraints whatsoever, it was nice to have a trimless ride. But...that's the only way I've ever ridden it. Steel Hawg with its trimmed first drop, and trimming mid-course brakes made up for it. Galaxi is a blast and reminds me of The Serpent at LeSourdsville Lake. I just wish they wouldn't trim the bottom "speed return" as I like to call it.

Okay...trim rant over.

I miss the fountains around the bottom of the Yo Yo, but this is probably the best Yo Yo I've ever been on. It's fun going out over the lake on swings, and it tilts more than a lot of Yo Yos do. I also like two things, 1.The bridge to get to it. 2. The sign that says "don't feed the carp; any loose shoes, hats, or other articles will land in the lake."

The ferris wheel is always nice for a break, and has one of the best views of any ferris wheel. I can only think of one better.

Overall, a great expience, and I'm glad they have an extra coaster now. It helps keep the lines down for the ones in my department. (Wooden coaster department that is.)