Is Viking Fury going away?

Oldschool75

Yep. Refer to the history section of this website for more rides that used to reside in the Oktoberfest area of Kings Island. Keep in mind that the Festhaus is not original to the park and was added to the park in 1983, when the park was eleven years old.

Well, I, for one, remember what was originally at that location.... :)

And some of us actually had ridden BavarianBeatle, Bayern Curve, Rotor, Skyride, Ferris Wheel, Spinning Keggern & Flying Dutchman.

I love how its not even the off seasson yet and ther are already rumors about attractions getting removed poping* up.

Is the Holy Father making a special appearance at KI in '09?

On the (a little more) serious side, I'd like to see people doing the "Great Taste vs. Less Filling" battle on Viking Fury again. Now, maybe we shouldn't have the ride ops get the folks to do that, but it'd be cool if people could do it on their own.

That or a battle of "Dental Plan!" "Lisa Needs Braces!" from the Simpsons.

*emphasis added by CoastersNSich

I love how its not even the off seasson yet and ther are already rumors about attractions getting removed poping* up.

Is the Holy Father making a special appearance at KI in '09?

On the (a little more) serious side, I'd like to see people doing the "Great Taste vs. Less Filling" battle on Viking Fury again. Now, maybe we shouldn't have the ride ops get the folks to do that, but it'd be cool if people could do it on their own.

That or a battle of "Dental Plan!" "Lisa Needs Braces!" from the Simpsons.

*emphasis added by CoastersNSich

scena9ej.jpg

I remember yelling "Tastes Great" or "Less Filling" when I was younger. However, I had no idea what we were actually yelling about, :lol:

Same here i remember my dad and all my uncles yelling it and i just laughed at them. That is one of my more fond memories of Viking Fury.

I love how its not even the off seasson yet and ther are already rumors about attractions getting removed poping up.

Geesh whats going to happen during the off seasson?

NU is going to be removed/rethemed?

According to the park spokesman as quoted by one of the mods here, not this coming off-season.

According to someone who interprets here from time to time...the next off season 2009-2010, most likely...

Send in the characters

There ought to be characters

And then it's 2010!

• Like 1

I love how its not even the off seasson yet and ther are already rumors about attractions getting removed poping up.

Geesh whats going to happen during the off seasson?

NU is going to be removed/rethemed?

According to the park spokesman as quoted by one of the mods here, not this coming off-season.

According to someone who interprets here from time to time...the next off season 2009-2010, most likely...

Send in the characters

There ought to be characters

And then it's 2010!

We got this AND Next offseason Set!

2008-2009: Diamondback

2009-2010: Nick U. Retheme

Well I think the writing is on the wall for Six, but Cedar Fair on the other hand is still doing fairly well with the debt load they have.

From the reports throughout the year, attendance and revenue are up this year, which is huge for the kind of economic times we face. I have faith that Cedar Fair will be just fine and come through the acquisition stronger than before.

• Like 1

Cedar Fair borrowed approximately $2 billion to finance its acquisition of the Paramount Parks and future dividends for unit holders. In those loans, there are covenants which must be met, or the loans can be called...made due and payable immediately. In the current financing environment, there is very little room for error.

Well I think the writing is on the wall for Six, but Cedar Fair on the other hand is still doing fairly well with the debt load they have.

From the reports throughout the year, attendance and revenue are up this year, which is huge for the kind of economic times we face. I have faith that Cedar Fair will be just fine and come through the acquisition stronger than before.

Did you believe it when the politicians said that the fudementals of the economy were strong?

I, actually, don't think that Six or CF will be folding up shop.