Applied for a KI job

violakat03

My husband and I both applied at KI yesterday. Him for investigations/park police (he's got police certification from Tennessee, we aren't sure they'll accept it) and me for HR Trainer or Ride Op. Since it asks on the application if you have any relatives working there (which was a no, currently at least) I'm not sure if they'd let us both work there. I'm also hoping that they don't hold old Paramount employment records against you - I was listed as rehire with interview and Paramount never rehired people with that designation, even though I worked there over 5 years ago.

Cross your fingers for us!

My husband and I both applied at KI yesterday. Him for investigations/park police (he's got police certification from Tennessee, we aren't sure they'll accept it) and me for HR Trainer or Ride Op. Since it asks on the application if you have any relatives working there (which was a no, currently at least) I'm not sure if they'd let us both work there. I'm also hoping that they don't hold old Paramount employment records against you - I was listed as rehire with interview and Paramount never rehired people with that designation, even though I worked there over 5 years ago.

Cross your fingers for us!

Usually they just do not want subordinate relationships between family, you should be OK. Wish you luck!

I'm also hoping that they don't hold old Paramount employment records against you - I was listed as rehire with interview and Paramount never rehired people with that designation, even though I worked there over 5 years ago.

Um, Paramount did rehire people with a "rehire with interview status". I know because I was the one that had to conduct those interviews for my department. Some I rehired, some I didn't. It all depended on the situation.

Now, there may have been a couple of departments that didn't rehire any people with that status, but a majority did give them another chance to interview for possible rehire.

I think, from what they told me last year, they hold records for at least two years, after two years with no activity they will disreagard it, though they may be able to pull it up just to cheak evrey thing.... Good Luck.

I've always wanted to hold my thumb up in the air.....

alas, i will not get to do it....ever.

I'm also hoping that they don't hold old Paramount employment records against you - I was listed as rehire with interview and Paramount never rehired people with that designation, even though I worked there over 5 years ago.

Um, Paramount did rehire people with a "rehire with interview status". I know because I was the one that had to conduct those interviews for my department. Some I rehired, some I didn't. It all depended on the situation.

Now, there may have been a couple of departments that didn't rehire any people with that status, but a majority did give them another chance to interview for possible rehire.

When I reapplied in 2005 (so that'd be two years after my last time working there), I was told that they had enough applicants that they weren't hiring anyone that wasn't on a direct rehire status and that it had been that way the year before and would probably be that way the next year. However, I also applied after the season started, so that might have made a difference too. And now it's been over 3 years (pushing 4) since I had any activity in my employment record so hopefully it'll be a clean slate either way.

Well, not a day after I applied at KI (which is not my first choice of jobs - it's 1.5 hours from where I'm trying to move to), I got a call from a job lead that I'd rather given up on. They set up an interview for Tuesday, and if all goes well, it'll be significantly more money than KI, getting back into the field I was in before moving up here from Tennessee, as well as being in Columbus so that I can get back to school at Ohio State. So, here's hoping I get it! If not, King's Island will definitely still be in the cards if they'll hire me.