A Bit About Pricing and The Cruise Industry

The traditional selling period for cruise lines is the first three months of the year and sales have been better than expected -- mostly because prices have been so low. Some of those earlier bargains have disappeared as capacity diminishes. If the economy doesn't improve, the cruise lines will have to adjust those prices lower as cruise dates get closer.

It's frustrating for consumers when they check a cruise or flight in the morning to find the price has gone up by the time he gets around to booking later that day.

What many don't realize is the cruise lines have some of the most sophisticated software in the travel industry for tracking sales trends, and it enables them to make adjustments frequently.

Carnival's computer system, as an example, is capable of making price changes up to four times per day.

So are cruise prices really rising? You tell me....

(emphasis added)

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Travel/cost+u...3080/story.html

Interesting article. I need to look into this because my fiancee and I are looking to take a cruise for our honeymoon. Right now we're leaning towards the Disney deal of 4 days on land and 3 days at sea.

We did that cruise for our honeymoon back in '99 There were a LOT of honeymooners on that ship.