The Beast in the Theme Park Insider best ride tournament

erniebald57

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard from others that Destin is a very, VERY nice beach to go to. The people I talked to said they go there quite often. Last year my family and I went to WDW and as we were coming home, we wanted to go to a beach since we my niece and I had never been before. We stopped at Cocoa Beach and I thought it was a pretty nice beach. It was almost completely empty, but it looked like it was about to come a big storm, and the ocean was very choppy. There were some rocks and some trash, but you'll find that anywhere. Also, the sand wasn't too rough/coarse. We started driving home, but we only made it to Daytona Beach, so we slept at a hotel on the beach. The next morning we went out to collect sea shells and the water was VERY beautiful. Also, the sand as really fine and soft.

How about we stop talking about beaches and Florida and get back on topic and talk about The Beast and voting for it in the tournament ;)

I really can not stand that website. It's like Apollo's Chariot vs: Haunted Mansion! Those aren't even a tad bit similar. They compare amazing coasters to Disney Dark Rides. Most the people who vote on those consider themselves coaster enthusiasts, but they vote those dumb Disney Dark Rides. I highly doubt a B&M Hyper filled with airtime, and G's is even comparable to a dark ride themed off of an Eddie Murphy movie...

-Nick, who strongly Hates Disney with a passion

I really can not stand that website. It's like Apollo's Chariot vs: Haunted Mansion! Those aren't even a tad bit similar. They compare amazing coasters to Disney Dark Rides. Most the people who vote on those consider themselves coaster enthusiasts, but they vote those dumb Disney Dark Rides. I highly doubt a B&M Hyper filled with airtime, and G's is even comparable to a dark ride themed off of an Eddie Murphy movie...

-Nick, who strongly Hates Disney with a passion

Actually the movie was made after the ride. The ride in no way has Eddie Murphy in it. As a hug Disney fan....I want to slap you through your computer but I won't because we are all Kings Island buddies. :D

Well I actually voted for Maverick, I love Maverick. Beast is okay, but no where as good as Maverick.

Well that's certainly a matter of opinion, though it is appearing to be a majority. Hmmm...maybe without the...oh, why do I keep dwelling on the impossible?

Poll is now Closed, Beast Lost 29-70%. Did we ever even stand a chance? Noooope! The Cedar Point thoosies won out.

I am going to have to (For Once!) side with Beaver on this one. Come on, Apollo's Chariot vs. The Haunted Mansion? Not to mention all the other Disney Dark Ride matchups before. But I guess that's what you get for having the poll on a Disney Site.

I really can not stand that website. It's like Apollo's Chariot vs: Haunted Mansion! Those aren't even a tad bit similar. They compare amazing coasters to Disney Dark Rides.

I am going to have to (For Once!) side with Beaver on this one. Come on, Apollo's Chariot vs. The Haunted Mansion? Not to mention all the other Disney Dark Ride matchups before. But I guess that's what you get for having the poll on a Disney Site.

That's exactly why they're changing the poll for next year. There will be "four 16-attraction tournaments, each of which will function as a separate bracket in an overall tournament to select the best overall attraction in either North America or the world."

The four brackets are Best Themed Ride, Best Roller Coaster, Best Live Show and Best Mulitmedia Show. When all are narrowed down to the best attraction in each bracket, the best themed ride will face off against the best roller coaster for the title of Best Ride, and the best live show will square off against the best mulitmedia show for the title of Best Show. The winners of those two will go on to compete for Best Overall Attraction.

See here for more details.

And I'm sad Beast lost. :( I've never ridden Maverick though, so I can't compare the two.

^^

Oh, I guess some people like getting their ears pounded off, and being launched into a trim brake.

I saw a comment on there about how fast the mid circuit launch was, there Maverick > The Beast. All I could think was that you're launched straight into a trim brake, so woo hoo.