4/25/09 Mini-TR

Jonathan

Got to the park around 10:40ish, and headed to Diamondback, figuring that the line would be excruciating long but it was just short of a 30 minute wait. Impressive in contrast to last weeks two to three hour wait.

Got off that, and went to The Crypt. It only flipped us 4 times... what happened to the six? It also stopped halfway through and slowly took us back to the bottom.

After The Crypt, we went to Beast. Awfully rickety. :( I got a slight headache from it, needed lunch. I went to Larosa's and dropped 15 bucks. Good pizza all the while.

Skipped Vortex and BLSC for the day. Long waits than what they're worth. No thank you.

Got on Diamondback again, 25 minute wait.

Headed to Action Zone, rode FD. Short ride, but I like the sensation of going back and forth along with the turns.

Went and got a cooldown, soft lemonade, and then headed home. Saw the line for SP processing, ouch. Thank goodness for pre-opening processing.

Good day, hot and sunny but bearable until you get sunburnt on your neck... it's time to go at that point.

Nice TR Jonathan.

I've heard some mixed reviews on The Beast this year. I personally thought there was still the usual rough spots with the exception of the double helix.

I think La Rosas is still the best place in the park to fill up, but then again that's a pizza guy talking.

I'm planning on taken advantage of the ERT tomorrow and getting a chance to hit DT, SOB, and some others a few times.

I learned a valuable lesson on opening day. ALWAYS pack sunscreen.;)

Having gone on both opening day and today, I've been amazed at the length of lines for coasters other than DB this year, especially when you look at the relatively short DB queue (today was about ~30 in main, ~15 in Single Rider). I was thinking DB would open up the other lines, but Beast, Vortex, BLSC, and Firehawk have all had fairly long waits.

And that's a very good thing...that would seem to indicate more people are coming to the park. More guests equals more spending (usually, at least), and thus a payback of the investment in the ride. In these days of pay-one-price admissions, it's a bit more difficult to calculate return on investment for large rides (aka spectaculars).

I hear you and hope that is the case for both CF and the industry as a whole. Does CF/KI ever share that kind of data (opening day or first weekend attendance)?

I guess the flip side of it for me though is what seems to be ridiculously short waits for Diamondback. I know it is a line hog (and the crew has been doing an amazing job getting cars loaded and out), but I was expecting to be in line for hours. The only really long line seen so far was opening morning.