Andrew's 6-7 TR

Hoeter

Headed out to Kings Island today for my fourth visit of the season. What a nice, hot day to spend at the park!

I arrived about 10:30am and found a light parking lot for a Sunday. Headed into the park and hit up The Beast, always my first ride of the day. No trimless ride as usual, and was rougher than the last time I rode it. Always enjoyable though. Waited 20 minutes for The Beast. Next up was Vortex. Rode in 5-1, and was much more enjoyable and not brutal like 5-2 was the last time I rode it. Waited 10 minutes for Vortex.

After Vortex, I hit up Red Racer. I held my hands up- a rarity. Very enjoyable. Waited 5 minutes for Red Racer.

After Red Racer, I headed over to Son of Beast. Sat in the middle of the red train and got jarred back and forth all over. At the end, I commented that "Son of Beast was rougher than a night in jail, even though I don't know that firsthand." Waited 15 minutes for Son of Beast.

After Son of Beast, I was heading to Diamondback and saw Don Helbig right in front of Kings Island Theater. I tried to get his attention but was on a quest to get some pictures taken. I got to Diamondback, got in line and was assigned row 11 on the red train. Waited about 15 minutes for the first lap on Diamondback.

After the first lap on Diamondback, I decided to check out The Crypt. This is the first time for me since the new program started. I've seen many times on these forums that The Crypt is now referred to as Timmy Sr. Air Tours. I got in line and waited about 20 minutes for our ride. I rode The Crypt last year and it was very fun and thrilling, with 5 or 6 inversions if I remember correctly. The new program swung around upright and only flipped us twice. At the end, people were booing and calling it lame. I have to agree with those people, that ride certainly was lame and it fell way short of my expectations.

After our letdown on The Crypt, I hit up Diamondback for the second time and was assigned row 12 on green train. Waited only 15 minutes for the second lap on Diamondback.

After this, I hit up Backlot Stunt Coaster. Rode in the front seat and waited only 15 minutes. After this, I went back to Vortex and rode 5-1 again. Very enjoyable ride, but the MCBR was slowing the train to a crawl unlike earlier on in the day when me and Ashers rode it.

Following Vortex, I decided to marathon Diamondback. At this point, I had two laps today and six total this season. I got three rides in- two using the SRL. First and second rides I was assigned row 14 on gold train, and third ride was assigned row 11 on gold train. While in line for the third ride, I spoke to a gentleman wearing a First Rider T-Shirt and said this was #151 for him. At this point, 9 rides so far this season. All of the ride operators in Diamondback's station were asking him how he could ride it so many times.

After the three rides on Diamondback, I got some grub from Rivertown Larosas. $6.00 or so got me two slices of pizza. Hope Dick Kinzel is enjoying counting all of those nickels he robbed from me! After eating, I hit up The Beast for the second time and only waited 5 minutes to ride.

After my second lap on the world's longest wooden roller coaster, I decided to head over to Diamondback for my 6th ride of the day, and my 10th ride of the season. Got assigned row 1 on gold train, and this was the best ride I've experienced on Diamondback yet! It seemed much faster, much smoother, and seemed to have more airtime in the front seat.

Finally, to close out the day I decided to head over and hit up The Beast two more times. Waited 10 minutes for the front seat on the first lap. Upon returning from the first lap, I found an empty station and got back in line and walked right on and did it all over again. I then left about 9:00pm.

My face is badly sunburned. Guess that's what you get from not wearing sunscreen. Can't wait for my next visit and more laps on Diamondback! Thanks for reading my TR and hope you enjoyed!

RIDE TOTALS TODAY:

Diamondback-6

The Beast-4

Vortex-2

BLSC-1

Red Racer-1

Son of Beast-1

Timmy Sr. Air Tours-1

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for reading more importantly.

Secondly, welcome to KIC. Thirdly, you don't need to quote my whole post or quote a post that is directly above yours.

Just offering some friendly advice, not trying to backseat mod. Thank you for your cooperation! ;)