The Haunt

pcc

I have never been to any amusement park during the month of October. I've always wanted to go to see what goes on. So this year, we bought Gold Passes and I'm going to go for my birthday (Oct 2) :D

What can I expect? What goes on? Anything special happen with the rides?

BTW, we ARE leaving the kids at home for this event.

You may not get all the houses and trails in one night. Alot of them have between a 1 to 5 hr wait. Some of them can have an 1 hr wait before the houses and trails open. Some of the indoor houses open early and the trails open at dark. That building next to the Flight Deck and Son of Beast entrance is a house. It opens early since its indoor. Its called Club Blood. Since you have a pass and you arent able do all the houses and trails in one night, try going back and doing the ones you missed. That way you arent missing anything. Have fun and dont get scared. Lol. :)

It looks like your going on a Friday night early in the year so there wont be very long waits (later in the night like 2 hours before end the lines arent even 10 minutes).. I really just liked exploring all of the haunt trails and things like that. It's not that scary, most of them are placed in predictable places.... Also, the wall of monsters at the beginning of the night is really fun!

I would recommend to try going to Halloween Haunt on a Friday, or even a Saturday, on one of the first two weekends Haunt is occurring. Last year, most rides and Haunts only had walk-on to 15 minute waits. I went in the beginnning or middle of October and the lines were really long for the Haunts after about 8 pm. Most of the rides had waits of 20 minutes (like The Racer and flats) and some coasters had waits of 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.

Have fun!!!! :) :)

Ive gone for the past 2 years on a Friday and Saturday. Two years ago I went early on, last year was 2 weeks before Halloween. Both times on Friday the park was pretty empty and I was able to do all the haunts and snag night rides on every ride I wanted to, Saturday during the day it was like a "normal" summer weekday with waits not bad unless you wanted to ride a ride in Nick U (kid halloween celebration is there and the picnic grove.) Come sunset though, the park got mobbed, maximum waits (including a Beast line that extended through the queue and down to the Crypt entrance) for everything. My advice is if you live locally go on Fridays, if you're further away (and starting your drive back at 1 am is not appealing) go Friday night, and stay through sunset Saturday.

Awesome thanks for the info.

We'll most likely arrive late Thursday night and hit up the park all day/evening Friday then return on Saturday. I've watched a few videos on Youtube and it looks really fun.

well I would bring the kids I am 13 and I love Haunt Espacily Club Blood and Corn Stalkers!

Well, your 13. If she has kids that are lets say... 7 and 5(just as an example) I would not want them to come to Halloween Haunt. There are some 'freaks' (no pun intended) that come out during the Haunt. Depending on age, keep them at home.

i dont know what the name of it is but i liked the one with the clowns. they give you 3d glasses and set you off inside of a building where you walk through a maze type thing. its really really cool. and kind of scary!

You must be talking about the New York Stock Exchange. Lol.

I have never been to any amusement park during the month of October. I've always wanted to go to see what goes on. So this year, we bought Gold Passes and I'm going to go for my birthday (Oct 2) :D

What can I expect? What goes on? Anything special happen with the rides?

BTW, we ARE leaving the kids at home for this event.

Depends on your kids? My daughters are now 5 and 7 and for the last 2 seasons look forward to Halloween Haunt! We told our girls its just for fun; Our rule and Kings Islands "Don't touch the monsters and they won't touch YOU!" But there are kids just not ready for this much fun!

What happens?

You can expect to ride all of your favorite KI rides in a whole new atmosphere at night! There's a BUNCH of haunt mazes to go through. You can pretty much pick any nightmare: Haunted Hospital; Haunted House; Cemetery; Dead Jail; Pitch black walk through the woods; Haunted train, Scary Clowns.........and who knows what new things will or will not be added this year.

Cedar Fair does a FANTASTIC job with this, and it's the most fun I've ever had. You'll have a great time.

^You left out my favorite... Vampire Nightclub! :lol: Of course, I am a little biased!

But like others have said, Fridays tend to be less crowded than Saturdays, and the earlier in the Haunt season you go, the better it is crowd-wise too. The park has a whole different atmosphere during Haunt. All the fog, lighting, scenery and fog make it completely awesome. And did I mention there was fog? My memory's a little cloudy... (ba bum bum... Thank you, I'm here all week... remember to tip your waitress!)

And beware of those creepers around the park. You may think that you're safe from getting scared if you're not in a haunted attraction, but you're not! There are plenty of scares to be had in the midways as well...