Boomerang Bay

gigacoaster2k

I have found Down Under Thunder (the body slides) to be the worst slides I have ever been on. I've given them many chances, but they're just FILLED with fiberglass splinters...you will be in pain for the rest of the day. Do NOT go on them.

I hope to see some expansion and some renovations to Boomerang Bay since it hasn't been touched since '04. Most of the slides there are early 90's, late 80's...am I right?

But hey, for a free waterpark with admission...it's pretty awesome.

As unbelievable as it sounds, I have never set foot in KI's water park.

With the blazing hot temperatures, and remembering the fun I had at Holiday World's Splashin Safari, I definitely plan on hitting BB the next time I go if it is this hot. I used to not be a fan of water parks, but that was actually my first visit to any water park. Besides a lake, log flumes, or a community pool, I have never really used the water to cool off. After SS, I realized how much fun I have been missing out on.

What slides are the best ones? I'll go on anything totally crazy. And who would be up for joining me?

Ang,

when are you heading out there again? I haven't been yet this season to BB, so I'd be up for going...I plan to be there parts of the day on the 2nd and 3rd. i'm avoiding going on the 4th since I Know from experience it will be mobbed. PM or IM me if you want to join up.

Are watershoes (aquasox) allowed on the water rides? Some parks do (Spalshin' Safari)... some don't (Six Flags St. Louis)... so thought I'd ask. If they're not allowed, is there a place to easily leave flip flops (or crocs) at the entrance to the ride or something?

We were just in Splashin' Safari the other day & the concrete was SO hot -- heat index was around 105 degrees, and our feet would have been burning without the water shoes... so just curious what to expect as we head to KI next week.

I don't think you can wear them while riding. But, you can take them off and just hold them (ussually they let you). If you don't want to hold them, just sit them somehwere in the grass by the side of the concrete. I wore my shoes around BB last week. I just sat my towel and shoes along the rope fence, near the entrance or exit (I usually hung my towel). I did wear my shoes up the steps on Snowy River Rampage because I hate the stuff they have on the wood. Then, I just took them off and layed them on the raft.

I have found Down Under Thunder (the body slides) to be the worst slides I have ever been on. I've given them many chances, but they're just FILLED with fiberglass splinters...you will be in pain for the rest of the day. Do NOT go on them.

I hope to see some expansion and some renovations to Boomerang Bay since it hasn't been touched since '04. Most of the slides there are early 90's, late 80's...am I right?

But hey, for a free waterpark with admission...it's pretty awesome.

They recently redid the fiberglass on the ride surface on Down Under Thunder in 2008.

24june2008-bbay5673.jpg

2sept2007-bbay6614.jpg

I nearly stopped in the middle of DUT. I love the twister, just hold your breath near the end or you will swallow some water. AND they did let me carry or wear my sandles on every slide. However, Splashin Safari is the best waterpark I've seen, it blows away BB, so dont expect the same. :)

Sweet, glad they redid the fiber glass on DUT. I haven't been on it in a couple of years because of the rivets that kept digging into my back in 07. Ouch that was painful!!!

I went to BB early in the month and the water was freezing. Has it warmed up it all with this recent heat wave?

Thinking of going there this Friday, if not I'll just drink beer at my pool :)