Is Son Of Beast Your Favorite Coaster?

DrunkyMonkey

SOB may be painful, but what is more painful is hearing Beast1979 say how much he hates the ride over and over. We get it.

Good to hear I'm not the only one getting sick of the same people constantly crying about the pain in every SOB thread.

I think it funny these people claim they hate the ride, but yet they spend their whole lives talking about how much they hate it. At least you don't hear SOB fans crying to take out their least fav rides, as much as the SOB haters do

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it had the loop, it was one of my favorites. I didn't find it painful with the Premier trains. However, the new trains which make it painful (to me, not saying it is to everyone) and the lack of what I considered the second best feature of the ride (first drop is the best) dropped it very far down my list. I've ridden worse wood coasters (Mean Streak...) so it's not at the bottom, but definitely not in my top 10. Maybe the bottom of my top 20, considering I've only ridden 22 wood coasters.

Guest rcfreak339
When it had the loop, it was one of my favorites. I didn't find it painful with the Premier trains. However, the new trains which make it painful (to me, not saying it is to everyone) and the lack of what I considered the second best feature of the ride (first drop is the best) dropped it very far down my list. I've ridden worse wood coasters (Mean Streak...) so it's not at the bottom, but definitely not in my top 10. Maybe the bottom of my top 20, considering I've only ridden 22 wood coasters.

I completely agree, I found SoB with the old trains to feel a lot better and when it did I have them SoB was at #2 of the best coasters at KI but now it's a different story.....

no i've rode blue streak plenty of times and think all it is, is a smaller version of the blue racer, even if The Racer was built nine years after blue streak.

and unfortunatly, i have only been to Kings Island, Cedar Point, walt disney world, and kentucky kingdom (even though i have never rode anything at kentucky kindom)

oh, i forgot to add seaworld (before any roller coasters were added) and hershy park

SOB may be painful, but what is more painful is hearing Beast1979 say how much he hates the ride over and over. We get it.

Good to hear I'm not the only one getting sick of the same people constantly crying about the pain in every SOB thread.

I think it funny these people claim they hate the ride, but yet they spend their whole lives talking about how much they hate it. At least you don't hear SOB fans crying to take out their least fav rides, as much as the SOB haters do

Perfectly said.

Perfectly Said?

Why to people complain?

Uhhh, because it was a horrible waste of money for the park. It continues to be a money pit. One can only imagine how much was paid out to settle the injury claims on the coaster, to say the least.

And by the way, is it really not right to complain when the topic at had is: "Is Son of Beast Your Favorite Coaster?, Is it one of your favorites, or least favorites"

Some people like to complain about SoB.

Some people like to complain about Line Jumpers.

Some people like to complain about people complaining.

Sometimes it just feels like we all like to complain about something (and yes, I include myself) :o

Uhhh, because it was a horrible waste of money for the park. It continues to be a money pit.

uhh, so because you don't enjoy Son of Beast, it was a waste of money? hmm... and besides top thrill dragster can be considered a "money pit" too.

No I consider it a money pit because IT IS A MONEY PIT.

Certainly you understand the huge amounts of money that have been sunk into this ride. Honestly, many other rides have been removed (around the world) for costing far less.

i never said that they don't spend alot of money on keeping it running, i'm talking about where you said "it was a horrible waster of money for the park", which leads me to believe that you have thought that ever since they started building it you thought the ride was going to be a huge flop, which it hasn't.

The Bat was a huge money pit. The Bat was also not a flop. The Bat was removed shortly after installation because it was such a money pit.

There comes a time where it makes less financial sense to keep a coaster than to remove it, because it's not increasing attendance enough to justify it's cost.

The question is, has Son of Beast reached that point in time?

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

• 2 weeks later...

SOB is different from others, like going up the chain lift, being deaf by the time you get to the top. Then getting the living crap beat out of you though that horrible double helix, the layout isn't that exciting, there really isn't any air time. Just feels like you got rought up!

I'd like to SOB to stay ONLY if they can make the ride smooth. If that would cost to much money to fix or maintain then I can understand it being removed. This year when I rode it my friend came off the ride barley being able to breath. I thought he cracked a rib.

You complained yesterday on a previous thread how people had no respect for your opinion. That is like calling the kettle black when I see these kinds of personal attacks. If you like SOB, fine, others don't like it. We have the right to express our opinion too.

You complained yesterday on a previous thread how people had no respect for your opinion. That is like calling the kettle black when I see these kinds of personal attacks. If you like SOB, fine, others don't like it. We have the right to express our opinion too.

But you don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over....

Why not? We have as much right to express our opinion over and over as you SOB lovers.

Why not? We have as much right to express our opinion over and over as you SOB lovers.

Your right, but you don't see us SoB lovers going around EVERY 5 minutes saying "I love SoB". Once is enough.