SOB: Vortex: Nick

khaoskat

Yes, because don't we all have our 'sources'?

You can choose not to believe me if you want to, but I can't reveal anything, b/c - as a former employee - I know for a fact that if you disclose private information to the public - even one person - it will cost you your job if they find out. The stuff I know, I honestly shouldn't know, since I'm not employed by KI or CFA.

If I revealed what I know - as well as my sources - I'd probably cost everyone in a certain high up divsion their job.

I also know as a former park employee that they do reveal stuff to employees that they don't to the public, or at least don't for quite awhile.

I wonder what the news was talking about then - maybe Beast? Was that ever being repaired lately?

coulda been Beast... it's had some issues lately, not sure what, but it's been shut down a few times, but I don't think for long - like, not even a day. *shrug*

Kings Island has had the best children's area for eight years...which is longer than Nick U. has been around....

I've heard many times that Nick is gone after this year, and I honestly believe it since all of the nick stuff is 50% off this year. They're trying to get rid of it.

Not sure why they're doing this, other than "to save money" but honestly - wouldn't it just be cheaper to pay for the licensing for Nick than to re-theme the entire kiddie land AGAIN??

The point is...we don't know what kind of offer Viacom is going to give to Cedar Fair. So it may or may not be cheaper...

I wonder what the news was talking about then - maybe Beast? Was that ever being repaired lately?

coulda been Beast... it's had some issues lately, not sure what, but it's been shut down a few times, but I don't think for long - like, not even a day. *shrug*

Those issues are absolutely nothing that would cause the ride to go down for long. Minor problems that took them a while to find the reason for.

Given there has been no public disclosure, as required by law, of the fate of the Nick contract, there is NO way a cashier in a shop would know that which the public does not. Not to mention the original poster in that thread you cited has many, many facts wrong, right down to the name of the company that owns Kings Island. It is not "Cedar Fairs."

Actually, there are many things employees know that aren't disclosed to the public. (no I'm not an employee but I have connections and sources). That's all I'm saying as more would be putting jobs at risk.

Yep, I know what you are saying, but there is a flip side too.

There are A LOT of park employees that are totally in the dark about operations, but that doesn't mean that they don't shoot their mouth off like they are in every board meeting.

Yes, The Vortex is sinking. It is extremely noticeable! I didn't realize that they were taking it down and rebuilding. I had not heard about the SOB yet either. We just returned from a long vacation and my 19 y/o works there. He is on Diamond-Back this year. Today was his first day back to work.

"It is extremely noticable!"

"Diamond-Back"

...wow.

Its so annyoing on how they think they know everything that goes on at the park now. I remember on Firehwak I got in a fight with a 10 year old girl on about why Firehawk was down then I mentioned the 3rd train that they use for spare parts and she said 'Look do you see 3 trains theres only 2". She knew nothing about the ride at all.

Am I the only one envisioning "Pilot Snoopy" in place of Avatar on the gondola for that ride next year?

no, i actually said that in another thread, i just accidentally called him the red baron insted of pilot snoopy.:

so if Cedar Fair does remove nick u. next year, will the web-cam be turned so we can watch the re-construction of it?

and i just had a great idea for avatar: the last airbender, paint the track and car/buggie/or whatever you call it, and then replace the giant avatar with the red baron

Am I the only one envisioning "Pilot Snoopy" in place of Avatar on the gondola for that ride next year?

no, i actually said that in another thread, i just accidentally called him the red baron insted of pilot snoopy.:

so if Cedar Fair does remove nick u. next year, will the web-cam be turned so we can watch the re-construction of it?

and i just had a great idea for avatar: the last airbender, paint the track and car/buggie/or whatever you call it, and then replace the giant avatar with the red baron

Or with snoopy. :lol:

Son of Beast has been closed as far as i kno....aparently some lady complained about a burst blood vessel eariler this year....(i read that on channel 5 news along with that guy who died on Firehawk but he wasnt killed BY the ride people...)

tho if you REALLY want my opinion its just not the same without the loop and ows man does it shake lol i wouldent mind a new coaster...

and ew crypt is lame