The beast rides (2009)

israel09

One very good reason might be rider safety? Maybe? Even after coming to a complete stop on the MCBR on FOF, some of the turns and transitions are very quick and rough, and I am ready for them. Imagine someone who has never experienced FOF before. Someone could very easily get whiplash on that ride even after coming to a complete stop. For the first year I considered myself a coaster enthusiast, I wanted every trim removed from every ride created. Now that I have "grown up" and actually considered what that would mean for the ride experience, I say that they are fine the way they are. I have never come across a trim that I have felt was unnecessary. Whether it is for the ride experience, or maintainance reasons, if you would just look at it from Cedar Fair's point of view, you might understand why they are there. Many people claim that Cedar Fair has an obsession with trims. Trims are there for safety purposes. Therefore, you are saying that Cedar Fair is obsessed with safety,and I'm ok with that. :)

I'm glad someone understands that.

It's easy to understand why the trim of Flight of Fear is there. I'm sure all of you can feel how intense the ride is after that point.

once again. Would you want it to go any faster? jsut sit abck and think about it.

The ride has been there since the 90's. Wouldnt you want your million dollar coaster to last, or would you just run the heck out of it untill it tears itself apart or injures someone.

The ride is there for EVERYONES enjoyment.

or maybe there is a reason none of us know of. They are doing it to keep us safe. When they remove all the trims and someone dies, then you'll really be mad becuase you wont be able to ride it all. Then when they ask Cedar Fair why they removed the saftety features. what are they gonna say? "whe'll we thought it'll make the ride more fun". see how stupid that sounds.

(this isnt directed toward anyone, im just saying how I feel about it)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One very good reason might be rider safety? Maybe? Even after coming to a complete stop on the MCBR on FOF, some of the turns and transitions are very quick and rough, and I am ready for them. Imagine someone who has never experienced FOF before. Someone could very easily get whiplash on that ride even after coming to a complete stop. For the first year I considered myself a coaster enthusiast, I wanted every trim removed from every ride created. Now that I have "grown up" and actually considered what that would mean for the ride experience, I say that they are fine the way they are. I have never come across a trim that I have felt was unnecessary. Whether it is for the ride experience, or maintainance reasons, if you would just look at it from Cedar Fair's point of view, you might understand why they are there. Many people claim that Cedar Fair has an obsession with trims. Trims are there for safety purposes. Therefore, you are saying that Cedar Fair is obsessed with safety, and I'm ok with that. :)

Are you saying that you don't ever want KI to upgrade anything? While they do cost money, its not money that would go to rides regardless of how it was spent. Different departments get different budgets, and its up to those departments to spend the money wisely. If they think that nice new menu TV's wil bring in a few more people, that's their choice, and if it succeeds, those TV's will have paid for themselves in a matter of days. (especially at 20 bucks a person) Since someone might bring it up, if the new test your strength game was not bought, that money would have gone to something else in the Games department. Just sayin'

Jokers Jinx does not even have a trim where FoF does, and it runs perfectly fine that way. Would you be angry if Diamondback's MCBR were used at full force so you got zero airtime for the second half of the ride? Would you consider that unnecessary, considering that it runs fine as-is?

All of that money comes from the same pot... are you really more likely to buy food because it's advertised on a shiny new LCD TV?

money comes from the same pot but if you have ever worked at a business each area is given a budget. So the LCD and the maintenance areas get an annual budget they have to stay with in from the parent company......

This battle of trims versus no trims seems to be split down the middle based on life experiences.....

Take a deep breath......... its going to be okay..... and if you dont like trims great good for you build your own park, not in roller coaster tycoon, and figure the costs out from there.....

One very good reason might be rider safety? Maybe? Even after coming to a complete stop on the MCBR on FOF, some of the turns and transitions are very quick and rough, and I am ready for them. Imagine someone who has never experienced FOF before. Someone could very easily get whiplash on that ride even after coming to a complete stop. For the first year I considered myself a coaster enthusiast, I wanted every trim removed from every ride created. Now that I have "grown up" and actually considered what that would mean for the ride experience, I say that they are fine the way they are. I have never come across a trim that I have felt was unnecessary. Whether it is for the ride experience, or maintainance reasons, if you would just look at it from Cedar Fair's point of view, you might understand why they are there. Many people claim that Cedar Fair has an obsession with trims. Trims are there for safety purposes. Therefore, you are saying that Cedar Fair is obsessed with safety, and I'm ok with that. :)

Are you saying that you don't ever want KI to upgrade anything? While they do cost money, its not money that would go to rides regardless of how it was spent. Different departments get different budgets, and its up to those departments to spend the money wisely. If they think that nice new menu TV's wil bring in a few more people, that's their choice, and if it succeeds, those TV's will have paid for themselves in a matter of days. (especially at 20 bucks a person) Since someone might bring it up, if the new test your strength game was not bought, that money would have gone to something else in the Games department. Just sayin'

Jokers Jinx does not even have a trim where FoF does, and it runs perfectly fine that way. Would you be angry if Diamondback's MCBR were used at full force so you got zero airtime for the second half of the ride? Would you consider that unnecessary, considering that it runs fine as-is?

All of that money comes from the same pot... are you really more likely to buy food because it's advertised on a shiny new LCD TV?

As it has been stated here already, Jokers Jinx is outside and was only made to operate with two trains. Outside is important because you can see where you are going next and you can prepare yourself. Most people who ride FOF have either never ridden it before, or don't know it like the back of their hand like we do. As for Diamondback, it does run fine as-is now, but if there ever were a reason to put the MCBR on full blast, I would not be upset because there would be a reason for it to be done. B&M coasters are designed so well, that it will most likely never have to happen, but if it did, I would not have a problem with it. And just in case you would like to know, I have been completely stopped on the blocks alone on the train. Empty train + early morning + full stop for 5 seconds, and it still wasn't a bad ride.

Yes, it is all Cedar Fair's money, but each department gets a cut for improvements, and that's what was done with their cut. I would be more likely to buy food from a place with a nice menu board as opposed to one that's 10 years old and falling apart. Its all about the full package and image is a big part of that.

They would not do that if it was not safe, and if that did in fact happen, then I would happily say that the MCBR on FOF is not needed. However, I doubt that that actually happened. The braking system on most, if not all coasters, is programmed in and there is nothing the ride-ops can do to change it. The company that programmed the ride would need to be paid to come in and change the ride program in order for that to happen. I do not know how FOF is operated because I have never worked there, but I do doubt that it's as simple as just turning them on or off.

^^

I know that Gemini and Magnum XL200, the trims are controlled by the operator at the control panel. SOB has an override button on its control panel that the ride ops can use if they know how. I am not sure if there is a switch on FOF, but maintenance can change the program if needed. I hope someone else that was at Fall Freakout chimes in and lets us know if that did or did not happen last year.

^^

I know that Gemini and Magnum XL200, the trims are controlled by the operator at the control panel. SOB has an override button on its control panel that the ride ops can use if they know how. I am not sure if there is a switch on FOF, but maintenance can change the program if needed. I hope someone else that was at Fall Freakout chimes in and lets us know if that did or did not happen last year.

I was there but I honestly don't remember...I know we were given the choice of lights on or off but I do not remember about the brake. FOF's brake does not really bother me like Beast's do. FOF is actually kind of cool if you sit in the front because you feel like your are going to fall out for a couple seconds while it stops.

Hey guys,

First I want to apologize for earlier if I seemed like a straight up d..... I have been studying hard for a few test and came on here to blow off steam by reading about my favorite park, and I just saw people complaining and went off...... So again sorry.

Now here is my thought, if they did turn off the MCBR it means the ride is run with it because of maintenance? just an idea

Hey guys,

First I want to apologize for earlier if I seemed like a straight up d..... I have been studying hard for a few test and came on here to blow off steam by reading about my favorite park, and I just saw people complaining and went off...... So again sorry.

Now here is my thought, if they did turn off the MCBR it means the ride is run with it because of maintenance? just an idea

I hope I didn't come across as complaining ... trims are the arch enemy of any coaster enthusiast, but they are reality. Trims save us all money, albeit in an indirect sort of way. Not only do they make our beloved rides safer, but they cut down a bit on off-season maintenance. As a wise man once said (love ya Terpy), it's all about the Nickels. Saving a few Nickels on coaster maintenance is a good thing. That translates into a (somewhat) cheaper season for us.

As infuriating as it can be, trim brake debate is a good thing. Look at it this way ... if we're all yelling about trims, and that is our most upsetting concern, we're in pretty good shape!

P.S. I hate trims. :)

Hey guys,

I hope I didn't come across as complaining ... trims are the arch enemy of any coaster enthusiast, but they are reality. Trims save us all money, albeit in an indirect sort of way. Not only do they make our beloved rides safer, but they cut down a bit on off-season maintenance. As a wise man once said (love ya Terpy), it's all about the Nickels. Saving a few Nickels on coaster maintenance is a good thing. That translates into a (somewhat) cheaper season for us.

As infuriating as it can be, trim brake debate is a good thing. Look at it this way ... if we're all yelling about trims, and that is our most upsetting concern, we're in pretty good shape!

P.S. I hate trims. :)

Very true if trims are the only thing we can argue about we are doing a great thing. I never claimed to enjoy or love trims I just think of them like a necessary evil, sort of like Rap music.... (JK I worked as a dj for a few years before going back to school and hated that stuff)