KI TR 9/25 HH

Wolf Like Me

I'm super tired so this probably won't be too long ha sorry.

Arrived around 8 o'clock or so and was happy to see not too many cars. Got in and decided to check out Cut Throat Cove first. We walked around the Viking Ship and by Bubba Gump only to find it's exit. Then someone kindly informed us that the line we saw by the Viking Ship was the line for Cut Throat Cove. We walked back over and there was only about 3 people in line. Walked right on through until we finally got to the "real" entrance. The skull masks look really cheap on this one but it was fun. There was a few scares but most of it just came off extrememly cheesy.

From here we went and got a ride in on Adventure Express. After, we decided to go check out CarnEvil this year. This one already had about a 20 minute wait but it wasn't too bad. The guy at the front was pretty good. This one is switched up a bit from last year I believe but mostly is the same. Always a fun walk through but I can't say I got scared.

Next up was Slaughterhouse. This one had about a 30 minute wait. We got in line and there was a group of 2 girls behind us. Then comes along a group of about 7 obnoxious 14 or so year old girls. They were so annoying upon entering the line yelling such things at "Hey trick!" to the monsters roaming around. Then they preceded to ask every single person in line if they "had a light". Some man mistakenly said "I don't have one oh wait she does!" pointing at his wife. She gave him an evil glare but gave the girls her lighter. Then about 3 of these girls light up cigarettes in the middle of the line. Let me tell you how cool they were.. The two girls behind us quickly told the KI employee and he told them they had to go to the designated smoking area and two of them took off to the area, cigarette in hand. They then started *****ing about how the girls "told" on them. The girls who "told" said they were alergic to the smoke and one girl goes "how can you be alergic to smoke if you are with all this fog?" It was so embarassingly dumb. Luckily the argument didn't last long, I didn't want to drop down so low as to tell of a 14 year old girl. And of course they got stuck in there with us in the haunted house but I didn't notice them honestly. The whole slaughterhouse was themed really nice but the smell of animal **** made me wanna vomit. It was almost too real for me ha. And at one point I got lost in there and ran into about 3 different walls with the scaractors calling me stupid for not being able to see where to go. I had to hold out my arms in front of me so I wouldn't run into any thing and I poked some guy in the face lol and got blood on my hand. I apologized and he guided us out. It was about 100x more annoying than scary. Good job to the actors but I'll never do that one again.

After this we went and rode Diamondback with a 10 minute wait or so. From here we went on Tombstone Terrortory. Waited about 15 minutes for the train then 5 minutes for the train to leave. Then waited another 15 minutes once we got off the train. But, I must say, this one is far better this year than the last. I really liked it. After this, we went through the cemetary or whatever it's called now. It had a really short line but still took 20 minutes to get in for some reason. Plus there was like 500 "VIP"? groups that got to go ahead of the regular line. I liked this one a lot better this year as well. There was a lot of good scares and it seemed to last a good while.

Then we went and got another ride on Adventure Express. Then went to CornStalkers and this had no line at all. This one was my favorite of the night by far. I loved it. Then we went to The Vortex which was also a walk on and got my brain scrambled so we decided to leave. Right as we got in our car it started to rain pretty heavy. Overall, everything is a lot better so far this year. Might head out there tomorrow night and check out some of the other haunts. Nice job to everyone working there I had a good time.

I was not able to stick around long tonight but did get to check out slaughter house too. I was a great scare but I kept getting stuck and it was hard trying to find out whch way to really go. One of the girls in there scared me so badly that I did not think I would stop screaming!! I got stuck and held up the line a bit but thankfully my buddies in there teased me about it made the entire thing worth while!!

Tombstone TerrorTory was alot better this year! It seemed like every single turn there was someone jumping out at me or coming after our group. I will not get too detailed on this one but there are people in places you would not expect to see them. Happy to see Scott is back as the host of the green train again and some of my favoites are on the trail. There are a lot of new ones this year too. I think they all did a great job.

Mostly walked around but had a great time. The roamers and creepers are great again. This is my favorite part of haunt. No matter where you go or what you do there is always something lurking around the corner. I like the new look of the creepers. The down side to their costumes is that in all white they are real easy to see. Darker colors are much better because you can not see them coming and only know they are around when they slide past you.

My videos will be posted on YOUTUBE after the weekend. I only had a few minutes to post here as we are getting ready to visit again. Will be at Haunt most of the day Saturday with my favorite haunt buddy and going back again for the kiddie part with my grandchildren. With the great savings on next year pass sale going on we are getting it all done this weekend. I already have mine!! Check out that sale! Only $69.99 per person, free parking and upgrade to Gold It is only good for this weekend! Now this is only if you have a 2009 pass.

Don't forget they have the "wall of monsters" every Friday night!! Massive monsters from every direction!!

We arrived around 8:30 and got into the park about 9:00 after getting our season passes processed.

When we got in we headed over to CarnEvel since we did not get in it last year. This was the longest line that we had for the night, maybe 25 minutes. Not all that scary, but very visual.

Next we went to Club Blood since it was one of my favorites from last year. Line was about 15 minutes and we went in right after a group of KI employees (Security/Police, Medic and couple others). Still good, but not as great as last year.

Headed over to Cut Throat Cove but with a quick stop to take a ride on Delirium (walk on). Found the entrance CTC and waited in line for about 10 minutes (both waiting areas together). Entering the Cove by the Pirate Ship is a neat effect but I felt they could have incorporated it somehow more in the Haunt then it was. I was not impressed with the Cove, it was too bright inside. If it was darker inside I think it would have improved the experience.

Next we wanted to give Cemetery Drive a try. The line was 10 minutes or so and we were in. Pretty good and the fog was really sticking to the ground with the weather conditions which really helped.

Decided it was time to hit DB which since we really had not planned on hitting the Haunts tonight in the first place. Line was about 10 minutes and we were on.

Headed to The Beast and walked right on. It gave it's usual GREAT night ride. While riding I thought it would be nice if they could get a couple of those fog machines statistically placed back in the woods around the ride.

We headed back to DB, we just could not resist with the line being so short - Almost a walk on this time.

Since we were in Rivertown and there is only want Haunt on that side of the park we decided to do Tombstone Terror-Tory. We walked right into the stating and right onto the train. Walked right in at the second line as well. Was much more impressed with it then last year. It would be neat if the train could run the other way so the train trip part of the Haunt would longer and actually go trough the town.

Another DB Ride - Walk On.

It was about 12:30 and decided to give Slaughter House a go. On the way over to SH it started to sprinkle a bit but we were in luck because there was almost no line. Less the 5 minutes in the line we were in. This was by far the best haunt for the night but where were the live animals? LOL . It was unfortunate that sections were exposed to the elements and you just wanted to run to the next section since the rain was really coming down at that time.

Waited out the rain for a bit at the rest rooms right outside of SH and then headed out of the park at about 12:50. All in all we had a pretty good trip and got in more Haunts then we expected to.

Keep the cough drops handy! I have some in the front if you need them. I'm not sure you would be able to make it toward the front though,

It's alright I bought some today already thanks though :), and I have 3 noisemakers and a fake snake we found last night as well so that will help me out.See you later !

QUOTE (Jason B @ Sep 26 2009, 11:43 AM)
It was about 12:30 and decided to give Slaughter House a go. On the way over to SH it started to sprinkle a bit but we were in luck because there was almost no line. Less the 5 minutes in the line we were in. This was by far the best haunt for the night but where were the live animals? LOL . It was unfortunate that sections were exposed to the elements and you just wanted to run to the next section since the rain was really coming down at that time.

Thanks! And don't get me started about the animals...

And the live animals were almost at the end of the SH if I recall. It was really dark and you couldn't really see them.

There are no longer live animals in Slaughter House. They were taken out sometime before the park opened to the public Friday evening.