Drop Zone Height

7D Rules

I know that there was another Drop Zone built at PKD and I was wondering if this one is taller than the one at PKI? I'm referring to drop height. I was under the impression that the one at PKI is the tallest gyro drop in the world. Is this true?

The one at Kings Dominion is 305 feet tall which makes King's Island a little bit bigger.But king's dominion drop height is higher and you drop a lot longer because of late braking.I rode dominions drop zone last saturday and it was pretty good but I think Kings Islands has a better free-fall feeling.

PKI's height is 315 feet and PKD's height is 305 feet, thus making PKI's still the tallest. PKI's only drops from 264 feet and PKD's drops from 272 feet. That is part of the reason why PKD's reaches a top speed of 72mph

and PKI's reaches its top speed at 67mph. Also PKD's Drop Zone seats 50 people while PKI's only seats 40.

• 2 weeks later...

It is my understanding that the Eiffel Tower originally stood 331' and 6". However, the antenna on top of the tower was removed in the late 80`s or early 90`s. The Eiffel Tower at PKD still has that antenna. The current height of PKI`s Eiffel Tower, according to the spiel the elevator operators give is 314'. Back in 1998, they did have a banner hanging on the top of the Eiffel Tower saying "Drop this far in `99."

In 99 I asked an operator.She said that the hieght of the actual tower including the antenna was 315 feet.Riders drop 264 feet of absolute freefall.Its measured from a point on the braking system like garagebandpunk13 said up there right about 20 feet.And the top of the tower (The checker board box thing) is also at the top which takes away some feet.So from my understanding..the actual hieght is 315 feet.And the drop length is 264 feet.

Slingshooter and CoasterRz are right. Mars, you are wrong. Tower is 314 feet, just like the spiel says, and Drop zone is 315 feet, just like the operator told Slingshooter. They are one foot apart, and drop zone is the taller one. And yes, it does only drop you from 264 feet, although for some reason i thought it was 265 but i am not entirely sure so im not going to argue over one foot. ALTHOUGH i will argue over the hieght of tower and dropzone, becuase i am absolutley positive i am right, and that you are most definitley, so sad to say it, but wrong.

Love,

ME