Bugs in our Teeth: Official # of Bugs Swallowed

alluna

Anyone who thinks the bugs are bad at KI needs to ride the front seat of Millennium Force on a midsummer night. The night Tom was talking about, MF's trains were coming back with people in the front rows spitting, gagging, and wiping their shirts. We rode in the second seat and I was picking bugs out of my eyes, off my shirt, out of my nose, out of my hair, and shaking them out of my bra. Some people will even wear a poncho to protect themselves from the unavoidable coat of bugs.. yes, it is that bad, and no, I am not exaggerating.

During my one trip to Cedar Point last season I very quickly learned that riding in the front seat on any of their coasters is generally a bad idea (Although I couldn't help myself when it came to Dragster...). We rode Mantis roughly half an hour before the park closed and I was riding in the front row (I guess I can't technically call them seats...blink.gif ) and by the time the ride was over I had a small coating of gnats all over pretty much every part of my body that the restraint wasn't covering. Definitely not a good experience on my first ever stand-up coaster. And I don't even want to talk about how bad the bugs were on the four rides on MF afterward... *Shudders*

I think the worst case for me was on Iron Dragon at CP where a bug actually flew into my eye and got lodged in the corner. It was right after the second lift hill and made the rest of the ride rather uncomfortable as I couldn't really dig for it through the twists and turns!

Oh god I hate when that happens. It's uncomfortable enough to have a bug fly into your eye when you're doing something more normal like walking or riding a bike, I can't even imagine having it happen on a coaster wacko.gif

I was riding Flight Deck with my friend and going down the first hill I heard my friend make a strange noise and then spit something out after we got to brake run he told me that he took a cicada to the mouth.

The cicada situation out by flight deck in 08' was out of control. I remember a kid getting blasted in the face with one as we went down the first drop. He was still wiping it off after we returned to the station. As for bug blows I have sustained over the years, I can only recall getting smacked in the eye with a few ufo's and coasting through a few swarms of knats on the Kentons Cove water flume.

~Josh