SFGAd GASM Last Day 071810

well its stated as opinion not fact so I think I'm off the hook ;)

Anyway I really don't know but I know the first murmer I've heard of Great American Scream Machine being demolished was from the same article stating that Chang is NOT going up at Great America. Prior to that, I never heard anything about it.

Parks do not often reveal the real reasons for their decisions. For instance, Racer's recar side no longer goes backwards due to the park wanting to invoke nostalgia. And you can believe that if you wish...that's what PR told us...

Meanwhile, a PTC recommendation no longer recommended backward operation for their trains on wooden roller coasters...and every major wooden roller coaster in the US with PTC trains suddenly no longer went backwards. Months later, even at KI personnel did admit this was a primary determinant on why recaR no longer does its thing. Just as a couple of seasons before virtually every PTC wooden coaster train that had not previously done so suddenly started sporting seat belts.

Morale of the story: Sometimes things are not as they seem, skim milk masquerades as cream...in the words of Marshall McLuhan.