Family Kingdom: Man Spots Thief IN HIS Car

When a West Virginia man was waiting in a line for a Myrtle Beach roller coaster Tuesday evening, he glanced at his car parked nearby and saw a man who shouldn't have been there rummaging through his back seat, according to a report at the Myrtle Beach Police Department.

The man and his brother-in-law dashed to the vehicle parked near Family Kingdom Amusement Park, apprehended the would-be thief and asked him what he was doing, the report said.

The man answered that he had taken only a pair of sunglasses, and the vehicle's owner could see them sticking from a pocket of the thief's pants along with a cord attached to the West Virginian's GPS unit.

The vehicle's owner grabbed both items from the thief, the report said. The thief took off running. The two men chased him and grabbed a piece of his shirt but couldn't get him to stop.

The thief was last seen running...

http://www.thesunnew...his-car-at.html

that was a great show of being in the right place at the right time, however if the car was left unlocked, i don't feel as bad for the man who was robbed as i would if it was locked.

but i do find it funny that the thief's response to, "what are you doing?" was "i only took a pair of sunglasses." like it really wasn't that big of a deal he had done it.

And if you read the entire article, he DID get away with $100.

Years ago, Dorney had a sky ride. Once while on it, I saw guys in my car. They were still there when I got off and ran towards them. Three of them. It had been locked. Nothing seemed missing. I tried to report it to Dorney security, but they told me if nothing was missing they would not take a report.

yes, i did read the whole article, and am amazed that he still managed to get away with something also after being found with two items, the sunglasses and the gps system.

terpy, i didn't mean the comment i made to be rude i do know that cars are still broken into everyday, whether or not it's locked. i just feel that if it was left unlocked, he was taking a huge risk.

I know you weren't being rude. Locks keep honest people out. That's about it...

I also have seen people in my car from the Coney Island Cyclone, though I hate to mention that. I actually used my remote, from the coaster, and terrified them! Set off the alarm, I did. They left.

Oddly, both at Dorney and at Astroland, there were NO signs of forcible entry. Still not sure how they got in...the cars were both too new for a Slim Jim type device to work...supposedly.

I know you weren't being rude. Locks keep honest people out. That's about it...

I also have seen people in my car from the Coney Island Cyclone, though I hate to mention that. I actually used my remote, from the coaster, and terrified them! Set off the alarm, I did. They left.

Oddly, both at Dorney and at Astroland, there were NO signs of forcible entry. Still not sure how they got in...the cars were both too new for a Slim Jim type device to work...supposedly.

Professionals I guess. It can be done. And yes, locks keep honest folks out-but not as much in this economy!!