Diamondbacker Live PTR: 5/25/13 @ KI

Diamondbacker

Were still in line for Invertigo...they need to put some music in the queue, because there seems to be a problem with the ride. Even the Fast Lane has a line.

Terp, its pretty crowded, but dinner hour is upon us, so people will start heading out soon. Its an overcast day with highs in the low 60s.

• Like 1

We're leaving now after a great night ride in drizzling rain on DB. We had an interesting wait, though, as a guy in line was giving high fives and leading the crowd in singing happy birthday to the birthday people in line.

What a great day! In depth summary to come later.

• Like 2

Wow, what a great day! I rode a good amount of rides for such a heavy crowd, and I made some new memories! I went to Beast first, and I was glad to hear it roar once again. Then we went to Rivertown Pizza to say hi to my friend who was working. After that, we rode Vortex, Adventure Express, Flight Deck, then Invertigo happened. We had to wait two hours, with most of the time coming from the train breaking down and letting all of the Fast Laners who had lined up cut in front after it was back and running. We were able to hit the Reds Grille in time to watch the top of the 9th, and our service and food were very good. He made a few minor mistakes but was very apologetic and thanked us for being so nice to him. (He earned a nice tip.) After this, we tried FoF, but the line was 2 hours long, even though the outer part of the queue wasn't filled. We were going to get on Firehawk, but I didn't want to pay for the locker to put my souvenir cup in. We just went to DB and waited a good long time for a great ride through the drizzling rain. It was so much fun.

One thing I wanted to talk about was all of the weird things I saw today. There was a good amount of children there tonight, but most of them were middle schoolers with iPhones and their friends. I even saw one middle school "couple" holding up the DB line by macking on each other. I rudely clapped in their ears to get them moving, as there was about 30 feet of open space in front of them. I know my actions were rude, but really? Come on now, you're barely 13. Also, there was a short pause today in Boo Blasters. During that pause, I noticed that some of the props used in the attraction are timed to the music. It was creeeeepy...

I also sang 'Happy Birthday' not once, not twice, but three times today. One was in the Reds Grille for a boy's 13th birthday, and the other two were led by a loud 18-year old for people in the DB line.

Anyone dare to enter Soak City with the weather being this cold?

I saw more sweatshirts than swimsuits, let's just say that. :)

• Like 3

We were going to get on Firehawk, but I didn't want to pay for the locker to put my souvenir cup in.

I believe souvenir cups are one of the very few items that can be left in the station on Firehawk (the others being flip-flops and prescription glasses).

We were going to get on Firehawk, but I didn't want to pay for the locker to put my souvenir cup in.

I believe souvenir cups are one of the very few items that can be left in the station on Firehawk (the others being flip-flops and prescription glasses).

Maybe it changed for this year? I'm not sure, but the employee at the front of the line told me this. Maybe he was misinformed.

"The customer is never wrong, but not always right."