5th of July crowds (Industry-wide)

I have a quick question. With July 5th being a weekday this year, and me being less than an hour away, I'm considering going to Six Flags Great America on the 5th. I anticipate heavy crowds, but less than what will be seen on the 4th (a holiday) and the 6th (a saturday of a holiday weekend). From experience, would this be a generally safe assumption? Also, could someone clarify how Six Flags Flash Pass works? I understand that it is like Disney's system, only with a fee, correct? I also think that this information may be valuable. Thank you to all.

Also, I know predicting crowds at a particular park on a particular day is nigh-impossible. I'm lookimg more for general trends.

Its hit or miss on the crowds. People could think that it won't be crowded and show up or people will think it will be packed and not go.

Do don't know if you don't go.

Hopefully someone chimes in with six flags flash pass, I have not been to a six flags park since they had the qbot.