Kings Island Central Birthday Bash 2013 PTR

ohiocolts

So, here is a rather delayed trip report from the KICentral event back on September 8th. Most of the pictures are just from the special festivities in this PTR and not really the rides.
My mom (DiamondAceExpress) and I arrived at Kings Island at about the time the parking lot opened. We were the first of the KIC group to arrive at the front gate. I unfortunately do not completely remember the names of everyone and such that showed up, because I forgot to mark it down. But, in no particular order, I believe BeastForever, malem, jcgoble3, thedevariousaffect and his girlfriend, mattr, IndyGuy4KI, and possibly a few others showed up before the gates opened. We chatted and waited for the gates to open, and soon enough they did.
Our first stop was Diamondback for ERT. It was a walk on, and a great airtimey ride. We eventually decided on doing Diamondback again, but this time the line grew to about a 15 minute wait. Still an awesome ride! We then headed over to The Beast, as the park opened to the public. Beast’s line was about 5 minutes, and an awesome ride through the wilderness on the longest wooden roller coaster in the world.
Now that the park was already open, we headed out to X-Base to get a spin on Firehawk, which wait was still only 5 minutes. After that flightful ride, We headed into Hanger 18 to go see what all the aliens were up to. They had the same spaghetti bowl layout planned for us, which was pretty cool as usual. We all saw Fire-Beast-of-FEAR when we exited Flight of Fear, and he joined us as we headed to guest services to pick up our lanyards.
Fire-Beast-of-FEAR/Duncan wasn’t thrilled his first ride of the day was going to be on Drop Tower. But I’m glad he rode it. I kept warning him it was an Intamin. We waited 5 minutes. It was a nice ride, I guess, but Duncan really overreacted in my opinion. Wolf Pack was also already advertising its lights on tour.
IMG_5032_zps5dc2b61c.jpg
IMG_5033_zps38037215.jpg
We then all headed over for a fun ride known as Fligt Deck, which was a walk on. Yay fun ride. We now decided to head over to our first activity, the Todd Frazier Q&A session. On our way, we stopped for a few hot dogs at the Eiffel Tower as part of dollar day Sunday. Then we got into the International Showplace.
At a bit after noon, Todd Frazier came out. A long line of people formed waiting to ask Todd a question. I couldn’t think of anything, so I Just watched. I can’t really remember all the questions, but I do remember a few like “Why does Jay Bruce strike out so much”? (How Rude!). Also, the big common one was “Can I have a hug?”. But this one kid was too cool for hugs and asked for a handshake. jcgoble3/Jonathan asked “What is your favorite baseball player of all time, in any era”? The answer was Pete Rose. Another question he asked was “What is your favorite ride here at Kings Island to which he answered The Diamondback. So, it was kind of cool, and nice seeing Todd Frazier!
Now it was time to go and ride The Crypt… Err Madame Fatales.
IMG_5036_zpsefba5c73.jpg
NO FENCE!!!!!!
Here are a couple blurry photos from the queue line.
IMG_5038_zpsba3cb529.jpg
IMG_5044_zps1ef26c4e.jpg
It was just so amazing to be back inside the building of The Crypt. The wait was around 20 minutes for the tour. I got to see my old friends the weird monster statue things, but Mr. Bat Demon was not lit up. A huge disappointment happened when I was told video and photo taking were strictly prohibited, despite Don’s tweet saying to “Bring your camera”. Oh well. The tour was very cool, and I even got to see my old bestie the scary Goddess on the wall! The tour guide kept joking about how I should come when the maze is actually open. Ehh…
Our next exciting Haunt Tour was for the Haunt The Son of Beast Station. It was awesome being back in the old Son of Beast queue line as well, but for the Haunt The Son of Beast Station. We waited about 10 minutes for The Son of Beast Station Lights-on tour. I liked Madame Fatales theming better, but it was still really good. They did do a really good job theming it to The Son of Beast Station. Oh wait I forgot, its called Wolf Pack.
IMG_5050_zps5931c6ef.jpg
IMG_5051_zpsadcfe8ba.jpg
Since Flight Deck was close by, we went on that again. Walk on. Fun ride. But earlier, that hot dog wasn’t enough, so we headed to the Festhaus. We waited like 25 minutes for pizza. I miss being a Media member. At least the food was only a dollar, but I preferred the free Prime Rib. After eating we took headed for a quick spin on Adventure Express.
The wait was 10 minutes and a fun Adventurey ride! My mom and I then headed to the Festhaus again for the reserved seating at Rock ‘n’ Roll Never Forgets, for their next to last show of the season. Nice show, a lot of KICers were there for it. Luckily, I checked the Colts score to a pleasant win over the Raiders, and let No Chickens, another Colts fan know.
Next was a Racer Red walk on, followed by a Racer Blue walk on. Both sides were great! But now it was time for my 3rd time (Yes, 3rd time) behind the scenes of Banshee. There was at least a hundred KICers by the Banshee fence. No way I could remember everybody. My memorie isn’t that good! The following will mainly be now very outdated pictures of Banshee construction.
IMG_5053_zps569bccad.jpg
IMG_5055_zps474706a5.jpg
IMG_5058_zpsd1670bf2.jpg
IMG_5059_zpsf79b81ce.jpg
IMG_5062_zps7dbb237b.jpg
IMG_5063_zps71a1f1dc.jpg
IMG_5064_zps808deae8.jpg
IMG_5069_zps055302be.jpg
IMG_5070_zps789b3dfd.jpg
IMG_5072_zpsb87bfdd2.jpg
IMG_5076_zps00c66484.jpg
IMG_5077_zpsd4eaf180.jpg
Photobombed by KingsIslandPR/Don, IndyGuy4KI/Brad, and Beastie1980/Melissa.
IMG_5078_zpse862c636.jpg
IMG_5079_zpsd3730709.jpg
IMG_5081_zpse6021ac5.jpg
IMG_5082_zps1bef2991.jpg
IMG_5085_zpsb3f4c2b9.jpg
Views of Delirium were great from the construction site.
IMG_5086_zpsbb45d7ff.jpg
IMG_5088_zps8a4d3701.jpg
IMG_5092_zps9019b149.jpg
IMG_5094_zps10f98dd5.jpg
IMG_5095_zpse0190409.jpg
IMG_5098_zpsc2b59761.jpg
IMG_5101_zps8875e90f.jpg
IMG_5102_zpsb1f92cbc.jpg
And that concludes our tour of Banshee! But wait, isn’t there another B&M at this park, that is actually open and operating? Oh yeah! Let’s head to the Diamondback tour!
IMG_5105_zps534612cb.jpg
IMG_5106_zps87e247eb.jpg
IMG_5108_zps6fc45e9b.jpg
IMG_5109_zps80fa34e1.jpg
IMG_5112_zpsd69fb0f6.jpg
IMG_5113_zpsa6c090ba.jpg
IMG_5114_zps5af8f831.jpg
IMG_5124_zps3799e625.jpg
Train!
IMG_5125_zpsa0bdecff.jpg
IMG_5127_zps9ee1e053.jpg
IMG_5128_zps6bfbe10d.jpg
IMG_5129_zps5ab5542c.jpg
IMG_5130_zps8f6bdcc8.jpg
IMG_5131_zps48cfa65f.jpg
IMG_5132_zps8b6c125f.jpg
IMG_5133_zps62aab8de.jpg
And that concludes our tour of Diamondback! Next, we attempted to get VortexBFForever to her 200th Vortex ride. I believe she was at 193 before we started. I, VortexBFForever, and Fire-Beast-of-Fear took 5 rides on Vortex, were we all had to get back in line for each ride, because there was a crowd of people every time we returned to the station. BeastForever rode as well, Beast1980 had a few rides but then had enough, and MDMC01 eventually joined, saying that we could all “Grey out together”! Our 7PM Don Helbig Q&A Session limited VortexBFForever to only her 198th ride. WE hoped to come back later, but were not able to.
Now, we headed to the International Restraunt to ask Don questions. It started off with a speech by Boddah1994/Ryan, and then a bunch of random questions wee aksed to Don. Pretty cool. It took up a lot of time, so next was our last festivity, the final rides of the summer on The Beast. We had a fun, awesome ride! Then it was time for Don to pull a name for the winner of a Banshee Media Day pass. I forget who the winner was, but it took 3 tries to draw somebody who was actually here. After this we headed to our cars after an amazing day at the Island of Kings!
A couple of notes:
*HUGE thanks to Don, Kings Island, Ryan, and all who were involved in making this event happen. There were a bit of difficulties along, the way, but thank you so much for making this amazing free event.
*Sorry if I didn’t include you. Just so many people!
*I hope for more of these events in the future! It was a great summer!
Thanks for reading!

• Like 11

Great Trip!

Very well written, and always a pleasure to read yours and get a perspective much like mine.

*looks left, then right, no YoungStud*

I think B&Ms are very beautiful, and there ascetics are just breathe taking.*jumps behind bush*

But you got some great photos of the park.

I can't wait to go to one of these and meet (some of) you guys!

• Like 1

Nice! That was a great day and I am sure looking forward to future KIC meet-ups and events.

I see you got quite a few shots of the back my head. :P

Thank you! Sorry about that, just the way it turned out. :P

Thanks for the PTR, sadly I didn't photobomb your PTR, therefore it needs more BB! (Wait, you took a photo of the BB boats!....Excellence achieved.)

Thank you! That was actually suppose to be a photo of an awesome amazing B&M coaster (feels good to safely say that) that included those boats and... BeastForevers head.

That PTR was MOST EXCELLENT! and I did not overreact... that much.

Thank you! And yes you did. The ride was ok, and your all like 'THAT WAS AWESOME WE DOIN IT AGAIN"!

Great Trip!

Very well written, and always a pleasure to read yours and get a perspective much like mine.

*looks left, then right, no YoungStud*

I think B&Ms are very beautiful, and there ascetics are just breathe taking.*jumps behind bush*

But you got some great photos of the park.

I can't wait to go to one of these and meet (some of) you guys!

Thank you! Diamondback really does look amazing!

• Like 3

As I said on KIC Day "Pshh forget Diamondback, there's BB stuff here!" *commences photographing heavily on the boats*

So that's what the boats were for! I was trying to figure that out; I thought they were future theming or something... that's pretty cool that they were used for Boomerang Bay :)

As I said on KIC Day "Pshh forget Diamondback, there's BB stuff here!" *commences photographing heavily on the boats*

So that's what the boats were for! I was trying to figure that out; I thought they were future theming or something... that's pretty cool that they were used for Boomerang Bay :)
For a BB enthusiast, it was Heaven.
  • Like 1