Oct. 5th PTR with intro

BansheeFanShe

Hi all.  I had mentioned that I would be posting this a few days ago. Sorry for the delay...it's been a crazy week with school. Anyways, I would like to introduce myself since I am fairly new to this site.  I have been a long time KI fan and for some crazy reason never knew this site existed...how sad.  While we were there this summer we saw some of you with your KIC shirts on and I just had to come see what it was all about and I must say I am now hooked!  I look forward to hopefully meeting with some of you in the future.  Anyways, my name is Alicia and I am a mom to 4.  I have 3 boys ages 15, 6, and 19 months and 1 girl who will be 13 at the end of this month.  We spend most of our summers at the park and will be renewing our passes.  In fact I think I will be upgrading mine to platinum since I have never been to CP.  So enough about me.  Here's how our day went.
     We arrived at the park around noon after my sons soccer game.  We decided to start over at the Howl-O-Palooza for the youngins.  So we hopped on the train which is a favorite of my youngest boys and rode on over.  The first thing my 6 yo saw was the firetruck.  He's a huge fan!  photo 100_3553.jpgNext we took them through the Twisted Tales Maze. They got a little bag and were given little trinkets like spider rings and bracelets from each of the characters inside. They all really liked this. Next stop was the Happy Trails Hay Bail Maze. They didn't much care for this and said it was boring and not really a maze since the path only led in one direction, to the exit. Next the 2 little ones wanted to check out Frankie's Waves. This is a little area set up with 2 blowers spewing out bubbles...only one of them was working. My baby loved it anyways.  photo 100_3558.jpg From here we hopped on the tractors at Tractor Town. This was a big hit. I ended up just pushing the tractor for the baby while he rode.  photo 100_3561.jpg Last stop here was the Petting Zoo. This was great! We spent quite some time over here. The goats had a thing for my little guy.  photo 100_3575.jpg  photo 100_3585.jpg While we were in here the skies opened up and it poured. I do think we were in the right place at the right time though. The tent kept up dry and the kids were having fun with the animals.  photo 100_3596.jpg After the rain let up we headed back over to the main park. We did the parent swap and took turns on Diamondback. I usually ride in seat 1 or 2 but after reading some things on here decided to see how the back was. I rode 3 seat to the last and it was definitely a different experience. I love how there is always something new to discover. Here's a few pics I took of my hubby and daughter on it.  photo 100_3600.jpg  photo 100_3548.jpg  photo 100_3552.jpg After this the kids took a quick ride on Linus' Launcher and then on to Flying Ace Aerial Chase. I was pretty impressed with the lines. They got on after only one cycle. Next we headed out to the car for a picnic dinner.
When we came back in it was about 5:30. We had discussed as a family about staying for the Haunt on the basis that no one would be scared. They all really wanted to stay, so thats what we did.  photo 100_3605.jpg We decided to start with Delta Delta Die since the line for it seems to build up fast. We hopped in line about 5:40 and waited. 6:00 rolls around and everyone is getting excited for their first Haunt attraction. 6:10...still waiting. 6:15...everyone in line is beginning to get impatient. Finally an employee walks around and lets us know there was a power problem. We decided to wait it out which ended up being only a few more minutes. We were the second group in. I stayed toward the back with the little ones. One on my hip and one on my side. Well that didn't last long. I ended up with a huge group of teenage girls from behind us clinging on to me as well as all 4 of my kids lol. I had to have my hubby help. The baby was indifferent to it all. I think he actually liked the lights and such. The scare actors didn't try to scare them and actually were waving and saying how cute he was. This is why I stayed at the end so I didn't ruin it for anyone else. we were about 2/3rds of the way through when security came running in. They were yelling for everyone to break costume and get everyone out NOW. Then they tell us to breathe through our nose and not our mouth. Something started burning my throat. We got out quickly but never did find out what happened. Well at this point, the 6 yo was in tears for a quick minute and then wanted to know what was next. Silly kid. My 13 yo on the other hand didn't recover as quickly. She decided to sit out the next one. We headed over to Urgent Scare. We met up with a couple of friends and they sat out with my 3 youngest. I was kind of bummed they didn't do the elevator scene that time. Again I had some strange kids hanging on me. I must have the momma look down! Next we went to Madame Fatale's. I enjoyed it but have a hard time getting scared. I wish they would try and pick on me sometimes :P. The 3 youngest sat out of this one as well since the baby fell asleep. We then stopped for a refill on our drink and were heading over to Carnevil. It started raining pretty good. We were playing around with my daughter and were having the scare actors that were walking around mess with her. Well she didn't think it was as funny as we did. After one guy kept following her calling her name over and over she broke. She started bawling. At this point we were getting very wet, she was inconsolable, and it was starting to get cold. We decided it was time to make our way out. The rain never let up and just kept coming down the whole way out to the car. I was kinds bummed there weren't the wall of characters at the exit gate either. Overall we had a good time as usual. We have decided the 3 youngest won't be going back to Haunt again this season. My 6 yo is pretty bummed about it though. We do plan on bringing them back on a Sunday for rides and Trick-or-treat with the Dino's. One last pic of how our night ended.  photo 100_3608.jpg

• Like 11