Kings Island 10/4/13 KIC Haunt night PTR

ohiocolts

Obviously this is a bit delayed, kind of becoming a routine. Closing day PTR coming soon, I hope! (Cross your fingers)

But first, we have this to make, up, my 2nd ever time at Halloween Haunt. It was my mom and I. It started off meeting jcgoble3/Jonathan and malem/Matthew at Outback Steakhouse, on my mom’s Birthday. I had some nice, tender ribs. Pretty good! And now it was time for a night of scares.

IMG_5348_zpsc97f2d0d.jpg

Back when it was just Banshee’s lift. It’s grown up since then.

IMG_5352_zpsaec45463.jpg

A section of the parking lot closed off.

IMG_5353_zpsd6f7925d.jpg

When we got to the fence we saw, I don’t really remember. But looking back at the group photo, the people there were Ki Man, jcgoble3, thedevariouseffect and his girlfriend, malem, NoChickens and Mrs.NoChickens, My mom, dad, and I, as well as the surprise appearance by YoungStud. Soon, the countdown started and there was the wall of monsters, pretty scary…

We got into the park, I had a few scare actors get to me, and we soon made our way to Action Zone. Jonathan and my mom were going to sign up for the Scream like a Banshee contest, but it got in the way of the Ed Alonzo show, and the sign up was weird, so we couldn’t do It for another time just yet, so we headed there later. And here are a few shots in Action Zone.

IMG_5362_zpsd1b9fead.jpgIMG_5363_zps37fd9332.jpgIMG_5366_zpse2a801bf.jpg

The group suggested… Slaughter House. Yay. It was a walk-in, I guess. I was pretty scared. Moma greeted us as we were about to go through.

Warning: 2013 Slaughterhouse spoilers ahead. Read at own risk.

Anyway, we walked through. Lots of blood, butchers, and stuff. Sam the Butcher/XGatorHead8904 was in the kitchen and offered my mom a birthday cake. A dead face on a plate. The car probably got me the most. The inflatable tunnel was kind of odd, and there was a scare actor in it. I wouldn’t like spending all night in that tunnel. Also had a guy creep up behind me in the outdoor crate room, and I had no idea he was there. Overall, a pretty gory, creepy haunted attraction. I yelled yes when I made it out alive.

Slaughterhouse gets a 7/10, as “Yeah that scared me a lot”. Next was Drop Tower. It was just a cycle wait.

IMG_5367_zps906145c4.jpg

Awesome ride, awesome view of Banshee, yeah pretty normal. And here is Banshee again.

IMG_5368_zps8f24d392.jpg

Next up some wanted to do Wolf Pack, but others headed to Flight deck, because they thought Wolf Pack wouldn’t be scary with it still bright out. Wolf Pack was a walk-in, and by far the best part of it was walking in SOB’s old queue line.

Ah, 2013 Wolf Pack spoilers ahead!

The group tried to get me to go first, and sorry, but no way. A large number of good scares in here. Lots of distraction scares. There was also a time when Matthew mistaken a wolf sitting on a chair for a prop, and it came running at me! (Other than that, Matthew did a pretty good job with his spoilers. Thanks!) A lot of times you had no idea where the wolves would come from. Pretty well done in my opinion, and the scariest of the night for me.

Wolf Pack spoilers should be over.

Wolf Pack receives an 8/10, as “Whoa that got to me many, many times!” Now there wasn’t much time left until we should get a seat for the Ed Alonzo show. So we just went ahead to the show. While waiting for the doors to open, we got pictures of the besties Jonathan and Brian.

IMG_5376_zpsc2fd8fde.jpg

Pretty funny! There was also lots of signs saying that the show contained foul language and was recommended for adults only, but I was still seeing it. (I’m 13)

IMG_5379_zps0afe7f6c.jpgIMG_5381_zps28da38a7.jpg

Everyone is checking KIC.

I guess the Alonzo show was good, though I will be in the minority that believes the summer show is better, just because I probably wasn’t the target audience anyway. After the show, we headed to the screaming contest. It was oddly amusing with the undertaker as the host. We barely got my mom and Jonathan signed up for the next show. We decided to head to Adventure Express to kill some time before the next show.

IMG_5391_zps65bfe870.jpgIMG_5394_zpsa4f22a2d.jpg

A station wait, and a pretty sweet night ride. We decided to also take a spin on The Red Racer, also a walk on, and fun ride! It was now time to head back to Action Zone.

IMG_5398_zpsb8b21dbc.jpg

There was a long, funny round of screaming. The undertaker made many funny jokes about the people, their screams, their hair, you name it. Towards the end my mom came up, and scored very low, probably the lowest of the round. Then it was Jonathan, who had a very good scream, but just couldn’t win. After the screams, we made a long trek to The Beast.

Beast had a bit of a line at 35 minutes, but the group was up to waiting. After the wait, we were sent through the dark on another awesome Beast night ride! After this I was asked: Board to Death or Carnevil? Based on what I’ve heard, Carnevil was less scary, so I was going with that.

Carnevil almost had a full queue, and ended up being about a 30 minute wait.

IMG_5407_zps76741149.jpg

Lindzey, Devan/thedevariouseffect’s girlfriend said I could punch her in the face if I did not like Carnevil, so I thought it couldn’t be too bad. Rotag greeted us at the start, and we chatted for a little, until it was time to enter the circus.

Warning: Carnevil spoilers ahead.

We started off in a mirror maze, and made our way through. There was clowns, mainly behind windows or walls or something. The best part was the spinning tunnel, that’s what I went in for! So yeah, lots of clowns, and there wasn’t any blood or anything. Probably my favorite overall.

Ok, your spoilers have ended.

Carnevil gets a 6/10, as “A few good scares, but not too bad!” After this, the group wanted me to do Board to Death. I was kind of Haunted out, so I passed. But they still tried to convinced me. I just wasn’t really up for it this year, maybe next year. So for the first time of the night, I temporarily split from the group. My mom and I got some Starbucks and took a break. After this, we heard they were about to ride Flight of Fear, so we joined them. About a 20 minute wait. A nice and fun Flight of Fear spin!

After thius, I believed some ended up going to Madame Fatales Cavern of Terror, but NoChickens, Mrs. NoChickens, and I went on Backlot. It was a walk on, and overall, walking through the queue, getting on board, and riding the ride took a total of I believe 3 minutes! We then went over to Diamondback and waited for the rest of the group to catch up. Soon they did, and at about 12:55AM we got in line for Diamondback.

IMG_5416_zps92566958.jpg

About a 5 minute wait, and then we got on for our last ride of the day. It was a fun and chilly ride! Then we headed back to the gate, and exited the park.

Also, some people I also saw that I forgot to mention would be silver2005, MDMC01, who was sweeping, fairewench, Fire-Beast-Of-FEAR, and probably a few others I can’t think of now.

A couple on notes:

*If I remember right, most Haunts/Rides didn’t close. Weather cooperated.

*I said I would do more this year than last year, and I did. Same should happen next year.

*It was a fun year at Haunt!

Also, here is a video from that night if anybody is interested.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 11

Great Trip report!

I actually found Carnevil pretty scary, it was Scott's favorite at the end of the night for me.

Seems like you had a pretty successful haunt evening. Walk on for pretty much everything right, except Carnevil right?

I think it might be fun to do a haunt with you guys. I think I couldn't do any of them with out my friends or somebody to have a laugh with after a scare.

Even if it isn't "laughing with you" -_-

- The one that did all of the haunts :)

(or the one that always PMs you about technical questions)

P.S. You can create these:

Text goes here!

By doing this:

[spoiler]Text goes here![/spoiler]
  • Like 1