Editing In Quotes?

You've all seen that moment when someone tries to reply to someone directly above them, but then someone else posts before they post their reply and things get confusing. The easy solution is to edit in a quote. However, I can not figure out how to do this. At first I thought it wasn't possible, but then I noticed someone else do it. So will someone offer me assistance here?

• Like 1

To do this, use the quote feature as normal to quote into a new post.

However, instead of posting that new post, copy and paste the quote into your previous post. This works on both mobile and desktop browsers, with both rich text editing and BB Code editing. It probably doesn't work with Tapatalk, though.

• Like 5

To do this, use the quote feature as normal to quote into a new post.

However, instead of posting that new post, copy and paste the quote into your previous post. This works on both mobile and desktop browsers, with both rich text editing and BB Code editing. It probably doesn't work with Tapatalk, though.

It does work with Tapatalk, although the app has a bug in it that will occasionally strip out all line breaks when you attempt to save an edit. That bug is not related to pasting in the quote, but rather just editing in general.