Original WDW Monorail Car on eBay

The item description on eBay gives some ideas:

Some people have train cars in their back yard, imagine your own monorail guest room, or man cave. Mount it on a bus chassis and drive it around!! Turn it into your kids' ultimate clubhouse.

• Like 1

If I had that kind of money, I wouldn't be spending it on silly things like a Disney Monorail.

I'd be spending it on silly things like buying one of every Saturn model ever made...

Sadly, I think that $260,000 would probably be plenty for that, with cash to spare, especially considering I'm already 20% of the way there... As long as we aren't counting the EV-1... GM tried to scapegoat that... thing... on Saturn by putting it in their dealerships, but it clearly is not a Saturn because GM did not like it enough to put a ring on it.

• Like 4

The EV-1 is the star of a very interesting documentary called "Who Killed the Electric Car."

According to the EV-1 owners, GM took back all of their working vehicles and crushed them. GM says there was a battery safety problem. The battery company says they were safe. ...

• Like 1

The eBay listing has been removed. No indication on whether the seller took it down voluntarily, or if eBay took it down over concerns about whether it was legitimate. eBay has been known to take down questionable auctions and then allow them to be relisted after verifying that the seller actually possesses the item and has the right to sell it.

• Like 1

It was a legit listing. There was an article in the Orlando Sentinel yesterday describing the owner as a bit of an eccentric. Apparently he is a co-founding member of Burning Man, so he indicated that the car may make an appearance there. Or, he said, it may just tour the country. He was interviewed as saying he really had no real intent to sell the car; he simply put it out there to generate a bit of publicity, which it did.

• Like 2