Coasterphobe no more!

TheKlockster

I am officially over my coasterphobia!!!!! I went to PKI today, and me and my grandma went around the park and looked at the rides. Then we went down to the Fliers to see what all this commotion is about. I didn't want to ride them, since I was afraid of theme park rides. But she said I should and it would be good for me. I rode it three times! The first time I just held the rudder straight. But the second time I practiced that snapping thing everybody was talking about. The third time I got it right. I went really high - it seemed like I went at least as high as the top of the rotating arms. Then I dropped and snapped so hard a kid on the other side of the ride spontaneously dipped down and got a mouthfull of the bushes that go around the perimeter of the ride (i'm pretty heavy). Then I rode Adventure Express, which I have always been fine with. Then I went on the Rugrats Runaway Reptar to kick it up a notch. It is a good ride to ride at least once. Then I went over and rode Top Gun for the first time and it was awesome. I rode it a second time right after that. I was blown away by the awesomeness of it, and I decided to tackle the one coaster that has made me sick from just looking at it - Vortex. I got on it, in the front seat by myself, and I rode the entire thing with my arms in the air. It was great fun! AE used to be my favorite ride but now I think that Vortex is. I didn't ride Flight of Fear or Beast or Son of Beast because I ran out of time. But I walked into the park as a big time coasterphobe, and left looking forward to Monday, when I'm next off work and can come back and ride FOF and SOB. Ill also ride all those other ones again, except for Rugrats. But I can't believe how much fun I had once I stopped psyching myself out and actually rode them. It's Awesome!!! biggrin.gif

PS - After getting off Vortex, I looked a lot like my avatar!

Good for you, have fun! I remember back in 2002 the biggest coaster I had ridden was AE, but after we had come to the park to ride TRTR(I was a big TR game fan)and it was broken down for the day, I rode The Racer, then rode The Beast. And for the rest of the season gradually kept riding bigger things. TR was my first upside down ride though. Good times...

I went again today for two hours and rode Top Gun twice, once in day and once at night. That brings me up to four times on TG! I didnt ride Vortex cause I wanted to do the fliers. I went on but didnt want to snap because there were a lot of little kids on the ride, and yesterday I snapped so hard that a kid on the other side of the ride was affected. So I didnt snap but I went REALLY high. I rode the Congo Falls at the end cause it was pretty hot and humid today. But I am planning on spending the whole day there on Monday.