Designated Smoking Areas

StXBomber

Designated smoking areas are a good idea, if you can enforce them. Its not a big deal to me if somebody walks around the park smoking. Its open air after all. It does bother me in the queue. Two things bother me at a park....line cutting, and smoking in the queue...nothing like somebody lighting up right next to you and you can't go anywhere. Quite annoying

Speaking of queue smoking....I can recall a line session on FoF last year. Somebody was smoking in line alright, and the smoke that permeated the air had a distinct smell if you know what I mean....thats right, the wacky tobacky smoke filled the dark room on FoF that night. huh.gif

I'm no smoker, but I believe that they should be able to smoke in the park, but not in lines because of the close proximity to other people, and also not in Boomerang Bay because there would be no way to be able to clean up the butts in the sand. I think that the "higer ups" should make that a rule before BB opens up, because after a renovation, it would suck to have it looking like crap by the end of june.

I think that it is difficult to enforce the no smoking rule in the lines because the operators cannot monitor all the lines for smokers. I have seen several instances of it being enforced over the years. Personally, it bothers me because I don`t want to be breathing in smoke if I don`t and shouldn`t have to. I know that for asthmatics, like my brother, smoke can be a problem. I don`t really care about smoking in the park, but I think it should be prohibited in HB and NC.

About BB, it will be (with the exception of the smoking lounge) a no smoking area. WaterWorks has always been a no smoking area. As far as sand, the only sand I heard they would have in BB is in the volleyball courts, although they may not even use sand on the volleyball courts. It will be interesting to see what BB looks like after this weekend.