Brady Bunch Pics!

Jasper

There was a thread on this site sometime ago where I posted a long write up detailing the infamous "Cincinnati Kids" episode. I think the thread was called "Brady Bunch at Kings Island." You may wish to check it out.

BTW, in that post, I explained that the editors of the show accidentally "reversed" the film causing a mirror image of The Racer.

Regarding The Racer's old entrance... well, really the entrance is still the same today as when it opened (With the exception of different signage.) The real difference is the exit. Racer used to exit to the right of the queue house. Currently it exits to the left of it. The ramp spilled out onto Coney Mall right next to the seating area for the "Sweet Tooth" cotton candy stall (Which currently is Subway.)

I believe that when Tumble Bug was removed, and Skylab Installed, the exit was re-configured.

Also, in a clip of the Brady episode, you can see an overhead shot of The Racer that shows the old final bunny hop that no longer exists on the coaster. Perhaps one of the download pics includes it. Not sure as I haven't looked at them.

Shaggy

I thought Racer's old exit ramp survived a bit longer than the Skylab installation.

IIRC: Racer's exit was reconfigured as part of an initiative to make the park more wheelchair friendly (ADA compliant) (Note: not all of these happened at once, they occured over time)

Other examples:

Keelboat entry/exit - reconfigured to remove the stairs, originally the only exit to the ride was via stairway, in the process they changed the 'bridge' from the queue area out to the turntable making it a much lower bridge with a very slight grade. (Note this was not an issue with Enchanted Voyage or Log FLume as they had seperate accesible loading areas)

Closing of Swan Lake - at one time there was a bridge that went from a spot next to Paradise Island (food stand) near the center of the park by where Saltwater Circus (dophin/sea lion show) accross Swan Lake, the kicked was it then went up a STEEP hill and came out in Rivertown approximately where the Back Porch stage is today. It was a handy shortcut, but that ramp hillside was STEEP.

Rerouting the walkway to Picnic Grove and Waterworks - This walkway used to run between Log Flume and Sunshine Turnpike and was level for most of the way except for a reel sharp dip almost right by the old picnic grove entrance only to go back up a steep hill to enter the grove, another (steep) hillside went from that dip up to the walkway to waterworks.

Beast Exit - it runs in my mind that the big ramp down from the station used to be one steep ramp instead of the more gradual triple ramp they have now.

Smoothing out one of the ramps to Action Zone - the ramp leading from the Paramount Theater that comes out near the Congo Falls exit has been redonw to be much more gradual than it was originally.

Beastie Exit - it runs in my mind that this one was also redone to be more gradual.

Also, in a clip of the Brady episode, you can see an overhead shot of The Racer that shows the old final bunny hop that no longer exists on the coaster.  Perhaps one of the download pics includes it.  Not sure as I haven't looked at them.

Shaggy

The old bunny hop is visible in picture file name brady13.jpg. You have to know what you are looking for to see it. wink.gif

On a side note, I wish Royal Fountain still looked as it did in the "Brady Years".

WOW, I'm gald I didnt have to wear those outfits when I was working in tiques unsure.gif