Season Passes Re-Appear On PKI.com

Losantiville

I wouldn't buy your season pass until the middle or end of October if you want to visit other Paramount parks. What is the reason they are taking your season pass? Did they explain why they are doing this? I feel a nervous about doing this. I'll wait until Thursday September 7th, 2006 to hear the other news. I'm disappointed about Gold Pass perks being gone I hope they return.

Did anyone hear anything today about parking passes for Ohio parks. Cedar Point is starting to start on Season pass page for 2007. There are no details yet however how they are going to work Geauga Lake/Cedar Point passes or parking. I hope they have a parking pass for all three parks in Ohio or a national parking pass that can be used at all the parks. I would prefer the Ohio pass to the other because I don't visit that many of the parks out of state that often unless they add something new that I really want to ride.

I was surfing the other websites and I noticed that PCWL doesn't have a Maxx Pass or a Maxx Pass Plus pass and they got rid of their parking pass. Also their regular pass is $71.50. I also noted that PCW is only $55 for a regular pass $90 for a Maxx pass, PKD is $65 for regular, $90 Maxx , PKI is $75 for a regular, $125 for Maxx. Why are prices varying from place to place? Why hasn't PGA started selling passes yet? Why can't PCWL buy a Maxx or Maxx Plus pass? When is Cedar Fair going to make an announcement regarding season passes for the other parks they own? It seems to me like we are being ripped off. Last year we paid $90 for a season pass and we got 4 other parks with it plus perks. This year we have to pay the same amount of money and only get to visit 1 park unless we buy a Maxx Pass which doesn't include parking. This is kind of messed up if you ask me. I wish things were like they were last year and that Paramount still owned the parks. We also don't get any perks with the pass either this year. This is a bummer. I hope they return in the future.

Yeah, I agree about the loss of some priveleges. I bought my 2006 season pass last September for about $70. And it included admission to four other Paramount Parks. Now, for this year if I renew I do not get admission to those parks unless I buy the Maxx pass at $125. Needless to say, I will most likely only be buying a KI only pass.

The reason for the difference in prices is the proximity to nearby Cedar Fair parks. Carowinds, like Valleyfair, is not close to other Cedar Fair parks. While Kings Island is close to Cedar Fair and Geauga Lake. I do not totally agree with the steep price of the Maxx pass as my KI pass that used to get me free admission into other parks no longer does, but yet it costs the same. But if you think about it, a Maxx pass is cheaper than what a season pass to both Kings Island and Cedar Fair cost for this season.

I don`t know what they are doing with the parking passes. I just know that renewing Kings Island pass holders get free parking for next season. They had originally announced a price for parking passes for next season, but I believe that they are not currently selling parking passes to new pass holders.

The KI pass is probably what I will buy also because as of right now they have no parking pass for the parks if you buy a Maxx or Maxx Plus Pass and I live in Ohio and visit these parks frequently during the summer. I e-mailed Maureen and asked her to clarify a few questions I'll let you know if I hear anything else. I wish Paramount still owned the parks. I don't like the changes that are occuring right now but I guess I will have to adjust.

Some people are already preparing to jump ship on CF because of this great deal?

Everyone wanted a combo pass, and now you're getting it! Just because they're not offering free parking at the other parks doesn't negate the value of this deal, in my opinion. I mean, the other CF parks need to get SOME money from us. They can't be garunteed all us PKI'ers are going to come fill their park up, buy merchandise and stay and eat.

When I go to CP I normally leave to eat, like KI, so parking is about all they will be getting from me per visit. They didn't HAVE to do this combo pass thing and though it's not perfect, it's still better than nothing.