Millie, Maverick valley at CP

In the same day. How does Millennium Force valley? It's so fast all the way through the ride (at least how I remember it) that I can't figure out how the train could lose so much speed. Oh, and Woodstock Express apparently valleyed yesterday.

Photos taken from the GOCC Facebook page, credit to GOCC President Cathy Schwab.

Maverick train being winched through the course:

189511_528626787199961_869072656_n.jpg

Millie train stuck on the island:

922766_528651703864136_105756912_n.jpg

255524_528651717197468_1504463791_n.jpg

GOCC is reporting on Facebook that the Millie train will be disassembled where it sits rather than being winched through the course like Maverick and WE. Anybody with a clue care to explain why they would do that? :wacko:

• Like 3

Obviously, I am no authority on the case, but my guess as to why they would disassemble the Milly train and winch the Maverick train is because of the nature of the rides. Maverick is in the first half of its course, as shown by the horseshoe roll. I assume that when it is pulled to the second launch, it can be launched from there instead of winched the rest of the course. With Milly, it is about half way through its course. I'd imagine it would be quicker to just disassemble and reassemble the train instead of winching it the rest of the way.

I agree with jcgoble3. How on earth does MF valley? The coaster is so fast from beginning to end, it is hard me to fathom exactly how this could happen.

If I remember correctly, (I am probably wrong) besides the lift hill, isn't the final break run the slowest of the course at 55 mph? The concept to me of MF to valley is plain crazy.

• Like 3

Maverick is back up & running.

It is extremely windy & cold on Lake Erie today.

As far as winching it through: perhaps the valleying was a mechanical issue as opposed to a weather issue?

Or would the time & effort to winch it be the same as removing the train?

Update: we just had wet snow precipitation.

I agree with jcgoble3. How on earth does MF valley? The coaster is so fast from beginning to end, it is hard me to fathom exactly how this could happen.

If I remember correctly, (I am probably wrong) besides the lift hill, isn't the final break run the slowest of the course at 55 mph? The concept to me of MF to valley is plain crazy.

Just before you get to the top of any hill, the train goes quite a bit slower than 55mph.

A strong wind like today slows it down even more, and it falls back.

• Like 2